Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,476 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
She was backing out and accelerated, losing control? Who wrote this barely literate garbage?
Or was it a trike?

·
Registered
450 Posts
She could have been walking it backwards and accidentally dumped the clutch and grabbed the throttle. Who knows

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Contrary to what most people believe and I'm sure I'll get some comments after this statement, but ya'll probably know me well enough by now to know I don't really care, but I find that I actually ride better after 3-4 beers. Anything after that has diminishing returns, but that amount of "impairment" seems to be right in my tolerance wheel house to loosen me up without actually impairing my reaction time and "judgement".

This was discovered on a closed course of course. My buddy has a small flat track type oval on his property we ride on occasion. After a careful double blind clinically peer reviewed study it was discovered that the 3-4 beer window actually improved my ability to relax and allow the bike to slide and move about without me fighting the physics of two wheeled locomotion, yet still knowing when corrections were needed to stay upright and in improving positive forward motion. However, in the interests of science I kept adding 12 ozs of ice cold input until riding degraded into pure tom foolery and redneck shenanigans. Again, this was all in the interest of science and the betterment of the human race. You're welcome.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I know what you mean. My limit is one pint. I did two one night and struggled a bit with apexes.
No problem in the cage though, but the attention level on bikes is that much higher.
If the terminally outraged are thinking of having a go at me, I use a calibrated breath tester before I drive, so I am legal.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I know what you mean. My limit is one pint. I did two one night and struggled a bit with apexes.
No problem in the cage though, but the attention level on bikes is that much higher.
If the terminally outraged are thinking of having a go at me, I use a calibrated breath tester before I drive, so I am legal.
I'm not sure blowing beer breath into your mates face qualifies as "using a calibrated breath tester".

·
Super Moderator
4,092 Posts
Years ago I ran across a study regarding alcohol consumption and pilot performance. It was discovered that a small amount of alcohol was beneficial.
If you haven't seen the Denzel Washington film, Flight, I invite you to see it and witness the more extreme limits of substance abuse and it's affect on crisis management skills.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1907668/

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I'm not sure blowing beer breath into your mates face qualifies as "using a calibrated breath tester".
Wife doesn't mind, she likes to get calibrated.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I have a two beer window where I'm a killer pool player. Unfortunately I only know the window was open at the third beer.

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update:
Obituaries

1525296796-Horse

Jody L Gordon, 64, Floral City, FL
Jody L. Gordon, 64, Floral City, FL passed away April 30, 2018 at Bayonet Point Hospital in Hudson, FL. She was born in Elizabeth, NJ on November 1, 1953 to the late Joseph and Gloria (Morella) Pennica. Jody arrived in this area in 2017 coming from Pawcatuck, CT, and was a Roman Catholic by faith, and enjoyed riding horses, motorcycles, and loved animals. She is survived by her son Ross Gordon of Pawcatuck. Services for Jody will be held in CT at a later date. Private cremation arrangements by Chas. E. Davis Funeral Home with Crematory, Inverness, FL.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
So she died? Almost 2 years ago, why am I just now finding out about it? I guess I’ll drink away my sorrows.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wow she must have actually died from that. Shamrock posted it may 5th of '18 and she died April 30 '18.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts