Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon, Gentelmen! I need your advice because I am not sure what to do.

I put a new tires (front and rear) to my MT-09 2019.
Balance was made and it was 75g on each wheel.

The problem when I drive higher that 90 mph. Bikes starts to shakes VERY BAD. However I can reduce this effect or even stop it by pushing the nahdbar with my weight. I had similuar issue when I just bought a bike but it dissapered in few weeks. I have a question. What you think is the issue?

I don't have a damper and the vibration might be caused by new tires. point of contact is small, tures vyre sensitive for any handlbars reactons and the result is vibrations, in this case it will probably should dissapear shortly.

Or the problem is in tires itself and I have to change it

Thank you

·
Registered
585 Posts
When the bike did this new, did you have your dealer check it?

·
Registered
921 Posts
@abe57 had some head shake with S22 tires recently.

Just curious if you had the same:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@abe57 had some head shake with S22 tires recently.

Just curious if you had the same:

So in this case, it's the same tire and similar problem.
Try changing the tire pressure like Abe did, and see if there's a difference.
THNAK YOU.
SO YOU RECOMENDATION IS TO PLAY WITH AIR PRESSURE AND SEE WHAT IT IS?

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,319 Posts
Try 32-34 psi front, and 34-36 psi rear. Should make a difference (and a more comfortable ride, as well)...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i will try it today and right here. but a silly question. i found on a tire that cold pressure required is 42psi. why so?

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,319 Posts
That’s the maximum pressure that you can run in the tire, when the motorcycle is loaded to its maximum capacity. So if you were carrying a passenger and a load of luggage, you would want to put 42 psi in the rear.

This causes a lot of confusion (and arguments) for people, but the maximum PSI listed on a tire is almost never the optimal pressure to run in normal conditions...

·
Registered
253 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I am now running cold 33.5 psi front and 34.5 psi on the rear with the S22 and have not had a problem since ! And I am 170 lb with out gear !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Try 32-34 psi front, and 34-36 psi rear. Should make a difference (and a more comfortable ride, as well)...
ok. I have done what you advices.
I put 33/35 (front rear) an I have to say that situation improved significantly. Now vibration starts after 100+ and not always. And now I am even more confused....
I can't understand is it something wrong with tires or this vibrations because of my bike itself and no steering wheel damper....

So, first of all, thank you all for advices. Special thank to Moto26.

And next question now, what would you reccomend to do... to forget about it/to reduce pressure more/to change tires/to wait and observe more???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I wanted to thank everybody!
I tried 30/30 but it was a lot of vibrations after 100+
So, I decided to change tires. I put Michelin Pilot 5 and 36/40 and it rides perfect. Super stable. I made 137mph and it was no any issues.
So maybe s22 not for mt-09 or it was defected tires..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts