Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
OK, if Bridgestone say it, it must be so. I'll never trust my rubber insulated pliers, or my gumboots again.

·
Registered
674 Posts
All done !

View attachment 173246

Old S22 above (I don’t know what that line running down the centre is?)

new Angel GT below

View attachment 173247 View attachment 173248
For future reference, see those little bumps of rubber down inside the tread grooves? Those are your tread wear indicators. Often you'll see the letters TWI on the sidewall to help you locate them. That tire still had life left in it. Your safe to ride until you touch those bumps.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
For future reference, see those little bumps of rubber down inside the tread grooves? Those are your tread wear indicators. Often you'll see the letters TWI on the sidewall to help you locate them. That tire still had life left in it. Your safe to ride until you touch those bumps.
yeah, I realise there was still some life in them, but the handling was being affected due to thesquaring off (maybe it was in my head)

didn’t want to take the risk as I take my wife or one of the kids quite often as pillion and I have a 300km ride this weekend

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
Down here tyres are illegal if worn smooth in the centre.

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
Not here. as long as they meet vehicle warrant of fitness standards, which are quite loose, they are fine. Nothing at all like Germany's TUV system.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So went to the shop to get my rear tyre changed today. I had the cash for the Metzeler M9 RR. But they sold their last one after I enquired about it yesterday

he said I have about 500km - 1,000km left on my current rear and the threads could show in that period. He also mentioned that I have loads of grip left on the shoulders/sides 😂

I can wait till 1st Dec when they will have them back in stock or I can take one of the following over the next day or so:

pirelli angel gt
Pirelli angel gt 2
Metzeler roadtec Z8
Avon 3d supersport
Mitas supersport +
Mitas touring force
Metzeler M7RR

I’m probably leaning towards waiting for the M9RR. But if the current rear pisses me off, then I’ll just get the angel GT as it is cheaper than the GT2 and the M9
I've recently changed from stock over to the Angel GT with no issues so far. I'm a commuter as well but ride pretty aggressively. I think the Angel's would suit you well.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts