Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
21 mt09
Just completed 9,000km on the stock S22s since I got the bike in Jan

only looking to change the rear so my question is “can I safely put Metzeler M9, Pirelli rosso 4, Michelin road 6, or pirelli angel GT 2 on the rear while still having the stock S22 on the front? Or do I have to replace both with the same manufacturer?”

pretty much only straight line riding here in dubai, but perfect roads. I don’t ride In The rain, and it’s generally hot and sunny over here 9 out of 12 months

front tire looks like it will go 9,000km more

but the rear has developed the flat middle spot and it’s been felling off for the past 500km

can’t find road 6, or S22 anywhere in dubai so it’ll have to be M9, Angel GT2 or Rosso 4

i don’t do corners or leans and have untouched chicken strips, but do constantly ride at 160km on the straight roads, errrr I mean on the straights on the track

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So went to the shop to get my rear tyre changed today. I had the cash for the Metzeler M9 RR. But they sold their last one after I enquired about it yesterday

he said I have about 500km - 1,000km left on my current rear and the threads could show in that period. He also mentioned that I have loads of grip left on the shoulders/sides 😂

I can wait till 1st Dec when they will have them back in stock or I can take one of the following over the next day or so:

pirelli angel gt
Pirelli angel gt 2
Metzeler roadtec Z8
Avon 3d supersport
Mitas supersport +
Mitas touring force
Metzeler M7RR

I’m probably leaning towards waiting for the M9RR. But if the current rear pisses me off, then I’ll just get the angel GT as it is cheaper than the GT2 and the M9

·
Registered
477 Posts
Since you only ride in a straight line you dont need a "sport" tire as the softer compound on the edge will do you no good. Any good "sport touring" tire should be perfect for your needs. I have worn through many sets of Pirelli Angel GT and they are a fantastic tire.

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
No .It is OEM...#36psi front, 42rear
Ok, I never ridden the S22 so cant say really. Now I use the angel gt's and like them more than other tires I've had on. For the most part I use full throttle from 0-170km/h but then I back of due to traffic and the wind beeing to much. I always think its the suspension when it starts woobeling to much, but I run stock.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
If the OP gets 9000+ km's from an S22, a good sport touring tyre will outlast the bike.
Well, not really, but he'll miss the joy of yearly tyre changes.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts