Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The temperature stepped just over 80 degrees today in Denver. Supposed to be 82 tomorrow. I don't even know where I'm going to go I'm just gonna go ride. It hasn't really snowed so there's no sand in the streets. I know a lot of you guys see 80s in October all the time but us guys in Colorado are usually puttin' in the Sta-bil and moving it to the back of the garage. Gas just went under $3 a gallon, 80 degrees. Looks like Christmas came early for some of us.:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I heard Denver set a new record high today, beating the old record by 2 degrees. Cant wait to see if Denver sets another record tomorrow! Even some Shell stations are under $3 a gallon for regular unleaded. Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Our fuel prices dropped here as well, but warm weather in October means rain for us (past 4 days)... :(

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gas additive for when yer bike sits for months. Cause it's too cold and yer too old.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Here at 7500ft+, 400 miles south of Denver, it's pleasantly warm as well... rode 8 hours today and it was great. GCC might be a big issue but a few days of warm weather in late October is nice for motorcycle rides. We rode thru Colorado last summer... near Gunnison, there were more bikes than cars on the roads!!!

Reactions: uberwrench

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Peggy and I have a private track day at the new Corvette Museum track in Bowling Green, KY on Monday, and the forecast is for sunny skies, very little wind and a high of 82 degrees.........unbelievable!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Peggy and I have a private track day at the new Corvette Museum track in Bowling Green, KY on Monday, and the forecast is for sunny skies, very little wind and a high of 82 degrees.........unbelievable!
Vern, that's cool that you have a staff appreciation day in Bowling Green at NCM. Be safe and have fun.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The temperature stepped just over 80 degrees today in Denver. Supposed to be 82 tomorrow. I don't even know where I'm going to go I'm just gonna go ride. It hasn't really snowed so there's no sand in the streets. I know a lot of you guys see 80s in October all the time but us guys in Colorado are usually puttin' in the Sta-bil and moving it to the back of the garage. Gas just went under $3 a gallon, 80 degrees. Looks like Christmas came early for some of us.:)
I suggest going to Colorado's Baja: New Mexico.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Here in Northern VA we are expecting a high of 68 degrees on Sunday. That is near perfect for me consider all the gear I normally wear.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I suggest going to Colorado's Baja: New Mexico.
Maybe southern NM but northern NM is colder than Denver, usually.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I spent all of last week in Denver (49ers game, Avs game, Pearl Jam show, bday, etc) and had such a good time - but the weather was incredible. Shorts and short sleeves every day.

We were ready to move there it was so nice. I am guessing that if I went back in 4 more weeks I may not feel the same way?

I can deal with parking the moto but not the mountain bikes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts