Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
haha i hate it when people do all of those things. Especially numbers 3,4, and 6.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Agree with 6,7 and 8 but the rest sound like some guy with a stick up his ass whinging about other bikers liking different things to him. Which is ironic, given what the article is about.

Sent via Tapatalk.
Agreed. Some of these make sense, but quite a few of them make the author sound like some bitter, judgmental prick.

The one about riding and gripping so your triceps flex? Who in the hell thinks that much about what other people are doing?

·
Registered
885 Posts
I believe the author was, for the most part, simply poking fun at motorcycling cliches. Didn't take any of it the least bit seriously.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
It's funny because it's true, and in the authors defense, he rips every type of rider. I'm sure we all know someone who falls into at least one if not more of these categories...

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'll admit it, for some reason I have a habit of giving the throttle a blip at signals before the light turns green. I honestly don't know why I do that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If I give my bike a blip of the throttle at a light, it's because I like hearing the sound of it, not to impress anyone else. I hate showing off, because it makes me feel like an attention whore.

And methinks that the author more or less hit every motorcycle rider with that list. Unless you're someone who feigns disinterest in motorcycles in an attempt to seem 'cool' and 'aloof.' If you genuinely don't give a crap what someone else thinks, you won't think twice about whether or not someone thinks you're a 'noob' for admiring every bike/car on the road.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I can tell you it has noting to do with attention, and after thinking about it I seem to always do it after I put it in gear if it was in neutral. It's odd really. Maybe I started doing it to hear the bike but I can't say for sure. (although that would be understandable when I had my RC-51 with Ti Satos, AMAZING!)

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
RC-51=sex!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts