Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took it to Arkansas' Ozarks from madison wi on Thursday . IT WAS WARM AND GREEN DOWN THERE! Nothing but fast back road twists. 350 miles day one, 300-50 miles day two. Back home on Sunday. Road with a Triumph Daytona, KTM 1190 RC-8, a brand new Aprilla RSV4 I think, a Suzuki GSXR and a magician riding a BMW GS. It pissed them off when a dude came out of a gas station, looked across all the incredible exotic motorcycles in our line up and was like, "IS THAT THE NEW FZ-09!?" I thought they were going to punch the guy. :) It was amazing. Wind blast was the only thing I wish I had a better answer to. I was tucked in like the wicked witch of the west on her broom stick getting knocked all over the place on some of the open mountain clearings. The Puig? screen and the yamaha screen still don't look like they do much and the twisted throttle offerings have been discontinued due to "shake vibration" the sales guy said. I guess they're back to the drawing board on them. Held fourth gear almost all day, from 3 to 9.5k RPM's. Guess it's broken in now... (odo @ 900 miles). Better get that first service done. Stock tires did fine for me, but conditions were not just ideal, they were PERFECT and I held the rear of the pack and never pushed them enough to put a knee down. sorry there aren't any great riding pics. the good ones I have have faces in them and I don't know how the other fellas would take me plastering their ugly mugs on the inter webs. Was the most thrilling motorcycle experience Ive had since 2007. Hope all of you can have some good times too. :cool: IMG_2757.jpg IMG_2802.jpg IMG_2788.jpg IMG_2807.jpg IMG_2782.jpg

·
Registered
616 Posts
Thanks for the post. Sounds like you had a great time. I love it when everything comes together, because you never know in the mountains.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Yesterday I had a pack of BMW guys ask me if that was the new FZ-09. It was great. They were all over my bike, which is rare for those guys. It did help when I told them that I have a ton of seat time on the GS650 and F800GS. Glad you had a great time. We were in Hot Springs a few weeks ago and loved the ride through the lower half of Arkansas, and can't wait for our next ride through the state.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm looking forward to getting the FZ over your way to ride some of the hills and valleys west and south west of MSN. Wife is from Sun Prairie so I'll base out of there for a day or two. Just hoping or it to finally warm up around here. I'll cross the 200 mile mark today, hopefully, but I'll certainly have to dress warm to do it!

JW

·
Super Moderator
4,344 Posts
I <heart> Arkansas! I get over there two or three times a year. Not to come off like a jackass, but I've ridden all over the US. From California to Vermont, but Arkansas has that great combination of low traffic, good pavement, cheap food/lodging and low enforcement that makes for a great ride destination. Another plus for me...great trout fishing. Mountain Home or Eureka Springs, it's all good. And the roads just over the Missouri line are awesome, as well.

Thanks for the ride report.

~fish

1 - 5 of 5 Posts