Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
This bike will wheelie so easily. I am not a fan, especially because of the amount of legal woes it brings. $1000 dollar manditory fine first offense in FL.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I forget Obijack, have you done much with your suspension? Upgrading that will reduce the number of "oops" wheelies lol.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
No not yet. I have a long list in the "wanted category" and a much shorter list for the "already purchased" mods lol. But that is something to look forward too, less oops wheelies.

Reactions: v2Bob and DNFDOUG

·
Registered
111 Posts
Wierd, put it in A mode, 1st gear, 1/4 turn on the throttle and the little red rocket climbs right up. Or blue or orange or whatever...

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Wierd, put it in A mode, 1st gear, 1/4 turn on the throttle and the little red rocket climbs right up. Or blue or orange or whatever...
Yeah, I did 2 wheelies without even trying on the way home from the dealership when I bought the bike .....and this was in standard mode...that's when I knew this one was a keeper....:)

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Hey Andy. One more time could you tell us how to wheelie the bike. Doh...lol...tee hee hee.

Wow duck...here comes some rotten tomatoes!

Just teasing guys... Don't shoot me.

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
I might be the only one on the planet that hasn't wheelied this bike yet? LOL
It took me a while to wheelie mine, but then the trip from the dealer to my house was about an hour and a half in the trailer! :cool:

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
I haven't had mine come up on me yet either, even running through the gears hard. But, I am not trying either. Wheelies scare the dickens out of me.
I'm not trying to be mean with this, but you haven't gone through the gears hard if you haven't lofted the front wheel.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I've never had the wheel come up on me accidentally, only deliberately. And once I got the Penske shock upgrade it required a lot more deliberate action on my part (which is a good thing).

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Sorry...LOVE this thread! ;)
Love the video.
Love the wheel floating in *4th* gear.
Love the BIKE!

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
I consider lofting the front on a launch and full blown whoolies 2 totally different things.
Call it what you want, lofting/wheelies, but all of mine are in either 2nd or 3rd gear, not at launch. I'm not real good doing wheelies, but I can get around a racetrack pretty respectably for an old guy!

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Cool Forum... lots of 'old' bad arse guys here! ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wanna wheelie at 30 then you gotta clutch up. Third doesn’t power wheelie unless you hit a small hill and time it just right with loads of body English. I clutch up in third with a firm tug on the bars and it comes right up but timing is key. Hardly any clutch input is needed to lift the front too. Power wheelies are dangerous since it’s easier to whiskey throttle it if you haven’t got throttle control down pat. Go out. Practice in a cop free area. And have fun. But TAKE YOUR TIME. You don’t need to try and scrape it right off the bat. I have fun doing small clutch ups here and there

21 - 40 of 46 Posts