Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2nd gear 7,000 rpm 50 mph seems the fist spot that 2nd will "easily" power wheelie without any complaint, other than me lol. I have researched this to the point I could puke coat hangers. I got 3rd to loft the wheel on high spots on the road. People have posted 30 MPH 2nd GEAR wheelies,, and that simply will not happen on mine. When I add the Graves exhaust and Power Commander, will it reduce the amount of speed I have to be traveling to be able to power wheelie 2nd gear????? I figure "slower speed of the wheelie the safer". I definitely think my FZ is awesome. I guess I was just expecting closer results with the others. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
555 Posts
OMG seriously.

I think we have been through this previously andy8199..........many times.

Tell me your not going to spend nearly 1500 dollars to power wheelie easier. This bike will power wheelie straight outta the box, with no modifications........in all of the first 3 gears.

All the suggestions on how to power wheelie easier are listed in the 5 or so other threads that you have started and asked a similar question, and all suggestions given were spot on. I dont understand a need for yet another thread.

2nd gear, anywhere over 6000rpm, whack on throttle quickly and the front wheel will come up. Without a doubt. Takes a little bit of a pull on the bars sometimes at lower revs, but it comes up no issue at all. I weigh over 200lb in my gear. I cannot do 30mph 2nd gear wheelies without slipping the clutch.

I am gonna echo what some others are going to chime in with here, and that is I think you are focusing waaaaaay too much on one particular function of this bike.

The 09 is a "Wheelies for Dummies" model of bike. Seriously, I had never really done many wheelies before on the street (off road different story) until I bought this bike and was gobsmacked at just how amazingly simple it was to pull them...........and bloody long ones at that.

If you cannot get this bike to wheelie, no offense implied, I would say that wheelies are probably not your cup of tea.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Sounds like you need to hit the weights, because you have to lean forward and yank the [email protected]#k out of it to get it up at 30 in 2nd gear. Seriously, you need to learn how to shift it in the air and quit making all of these threads. Go watch a hundred YouTube videos on the subject.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry fellas, I'm definitely feeling the shame/embarrassment over this one. Freeking feeling my face literally getting red/hot reading these. I brought it on myself. Maybe going as far as creating new account with a diff login/email. Sorry again if your eye sockets hurt from the rolling. No more posts on W??????s... Thanks for all the advice along the way, and for your patience....."when you still had it".

·
Registered
224 Posts
I wheelie from 25mph to 50mph in first gear...roll on to 20mph, roll off slightly, then quickly twist the throtthle.
However I can't imagine being able to wheelie in 2nd at only 30mph.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
336 Posts
Sorry fellas, I'm definitely feeling the shame/embarrassment over this one. Freeking feeling my face literally getting red/hot reading these. I brought it on myself. Maybe going as far as creating new account with a diff login/email. Sorry again if your eye sockets hurt from the rolling. No more posts on W??????s... Thanks for all the advice along the way, and for your patience....."when you still had it".
Relax they are just breaking your balls brother! Wheelies are riot, and Youtube will have loads of wheelie tutorials that will be more helpful then written instructions anyways.

·
Registered
96 Posts
lol @ this thread.

Why in the world would you need this to wheelie easier? Get yourself a motard if you really need more - this thing has more than enough wheel-to-the-sky action for most!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I haven't had mine come up on me yet either, even running through the gears hard. But, I am not trying either. Wheelies scare the dickens out of me.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Don't be in a hurry for your first wheelie, it is one of the riskier things to learn on a bike, and unlike braking and cornering there isn't really a practical need to know how. Except how to land it if you accidentally wheelie lol.

I'm not saying you will crash doing a wheelie, but only wheelie if it is worth tossing the bike away. And if you do crash doing a wheelie please do not make an insurance claim on it, it's your own dang fault, don't raise insurance rates for the rest of us.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Reactions: DreamFZ
1 - 20 of 46 Posts