Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who did I see last night on there FZ racing a Harley? On 6th st in downtown Austin?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was after 9 so hard to tell what mods.. I believe it was a graphite most likely headlight mod maybe exhaust.. Hard to tell over the Harley? I think.. Rider had black and brown jacket I think.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
The only way any harley could spank an 09 is by beating the rider. Harleys are slow. If an 09 rider can actually ride then there is no race between the two. I ride out on harleys all the time in my 330whp fwd mazdaspeed3.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The only way any harley could spank an 09 is by beating the rider. Harleys are slow. If an 09 rider can actually ride then there is no race between the two. I ride out on harleys all the time in my 330whp fwd mazdaspeed3.
Only people who don't ride think Harleys are fast.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I'm in Austin right now and was on 6th street yesterday and today.

The bikes are at home in the land of ice and snow, though ...

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Be careful. I've seen S&S mills putting out 150 hp on stripped down ratty looking bobbers that might have weighed all of 350 lbs. you wouldn't want to street race them.
Very true, I will revise my statement to say "stock" Harleys with standard mods. Anything can be made fast but 90% of "fast" Harleys are in fact fast for a harley, and slow against even a 600cc SS bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am so mad at this post because I got rid of my 08.5 and have regretted it ever since. Of course I only had the mscai and hypertech so I was nowhere near 330hp

·
Registered
315 Posts
Be careful. I've seen S&S mills putting out 150 hp on stripped down ratty looking bobbers that might have weighed all of 350 lbs. you wouldn't want to street race them.
This is extremely true, for example, there are many street racers in Chicago, that look ratty, or are so blinded out, you would never suspect a fast bike.
High 9 sec., street ridden H.D.'s, are not uncommon.

When I went to the S&S 50TH, celebration, I was amazed at the trick / ass kicking H.D.'s......... no shortage of funds were spent on big inch motors, etc..

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I am so mad at this post because I got rid of my 08.5 and have regretted it ever since. Of course I only had the mscai and hypertech so I was nowhere near 330hp
I would miss mine as well if i sold it. I am fully bolted and running 1:1 mixture of e85/93 on a custom tune using the cobb AP. If I didn't have 80k miles i would go big turbo. But i cannot afford to build to motor.

·
Registered
670 Posts
This is extremely true, for example, there are many street racers in Chicago, that look ratty, or are so blinded out, you would never suspect a fast bike.
High 9 sec., street ridden H.D.'s, are not uncommon.

When I went to the S&S 50TH, celebration, I was amazed at the trick / ass kicking H.D.'s......... no shortage of funds were spent on big inch motors, etc..

·
Registered
315 Posts
Not a great example, of a competent Sport Bike, drag racer.

That "test site" was asking for trouble, with all those parked cars, etc......but we can't do anything about poor judgment can we?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Not a great example, of a competent Sport Bike, drag racer.

That "test site" was asking for trouble, with all those parked cars, etc......but we can't do anything about poor judgment can we?
Yeah, I'm not even sure this was not a set up. I posted it for entertainment purposes only.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts