Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit 600 miles on my bike the other day! I want to work on it my self any suggestions? Just bought the service manual k&n oil filter haven't decided on the oil yet ! Tips ? Suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm probably just going to go with cheaper dino oil for my 600 mile service and then change it to synthetic after I take it out of storage in the spring.

·
Registered
272 Posts
The 600 mile service is a oil change with filter which is very easy to do if you have a torque wrench, drain plug is 31ft lbs and the filter is 12 ft lbs. I checked the cable adj on the clutch and throttle I also cleaned and lubed the chain and checked the torque on thr front and rear axles. I always use K-N filters and motul 5100 semi synthetic oil in all my bikes. good luck. :cool:

·
Registered
276 Posts
I hit 600 miles on my bike the other day! I want to work on it my self any suggestions? Just bought the service manual k&n oil filter haven't decided on the oil yet ! Tips ? Suggestions? Thanks
I see that at 600 miles, the owners manual recommends fuel injector synchronization.
How important is this?
Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
If it idles rough and is blurpy up to 3,500 rpm., I would sync the throttle bodies. If not, don't worry about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts