Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
LMAOOOO. You could Add dozens to his list.......He's chosen Great Looking Bikes, but he missed 25-50 easily that new riders should stay away from IMHO :cool:

Reactions: Lee Drew

·
Registered
654 Posts
Any non Harley bigger than a 250 or Harley bigger than a 500 (makes the same hp as a non Harley 250)
End of list

Reactions: Cecil and Lee Drew

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I thought the 954 was a *****cat after my track day on it. It was so non threatening that i told a mate to get one as his first big bike/non learner legal bike. Very easy to ride, smooth power, but fast if you wanted it to be.
He still has it about 8 years later.Loves it.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I started reading that article yesterday and after two bikes I was like this list is stupid and quit reading. The list is almost endless has to bad beginner bikes and to just arbitrarily pick 5 of them seemed like a pointless exercise. So is a new rider going to say hey this Ducati Panigale wasn't on the list so it must be a good beginner bike?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Pretty much all of the older KTM street bikes should be added as they were crazy- the 990 SM, the Duke 690...
+ Pretty much all BMW GS 1200s because they are too heavy.
+ Pretty much all Harleys- well, cos..they are Harleys.

And definitely this one: MTT Y2K

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I had a 954 for for 12 years, and I told people that it was the first bike that I could not our-ride. It exceeded my skill level, which is why I kept it longer than any other bike that I owned. I would have never recommended it to a new rider, because they could get in over their head and panic at the drop of a hat.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Truth be told I officially purchased and "started out" on a Honda 1300 VTX. I've always thought I started out kinda backwards. Not always, but generally guys from my generation started out on dirtbikes, then went to sportbikes, then cruisers, then settle out on the big touring bikes. I just got the FZ for my 35th birthday and I want to get a liter bike next, that way when I get old I can have a motor to swap into my hover-round. oh and *****

·
Registered
208 Posts
If your have to say "sport bike" or "crotch rocket" when someone asks you what you're getting as a first bike, then you shouldn't do it. I almost got a 600 sport bike after riding for 6 months every day and I'm glad I didn't. Ballistic missiles...

Reactions: RichBaker

·
Banned
486 Posts
the fz09 is my first bike ive owned

rode a 2009 fz1 before this but it wasnt mine so i never really rode it anywhere near its capabilities

but since i own the 09 i ride it like i stole it atleast once everytime i ride, and i would not recommend this bike to a beginner

it has already gotten away from me once and now im having to pay hundreds in repairs

·
Registered
36 Posts
My 1st bike was a CBR600 and had that for a bit, then got a Katana 750. Sold that and got the FZ09. Now the wife is wanting to ride with me and is wanting me to get something big enough for the both of us, with cup holders, armrests and a TV. Looks like a goldwing in my future.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts