Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any takers?

Thinking bear mountain or high point via 519.

Flexible with time - weather looks good.

Post up if you're interested

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
337 Posts
Would be in but I am headed for Southern NJ to ride offroad all day. Tomorrow is looking good, watch out for debris after all the rain we had!

Reactions: beck

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Any takers?

Thinking bear mountain or high point via 519.

Flexible with time - weather looks good.

Post up if you're interested

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
The Aether/Union Garage ride is happening tomorrow from NYC- me and a couple of friends (a Versys and a Royal Enfield) are going- its taking the same route towards bear mountain i believe. If you see a bunch of hipsters or GS riders, you know its that ride! :p They should be in groups of ten I think.

Would be in but I am headed for Southern NJ to ride offroad all day. Tomorrow is looking good, watch out for debris after all the rain we had!
Is there a dirt/off-road course there that people can rent bikes or just take their own bikes as well? I have been looking for such "experiences" nearby with little success.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm down for a Bear run!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Tomorrow doesn't look good but i may head up there sunday morning.

--Chris

·
Registered
337 Posts
Is there a dirt/off-road course there that people can rent bikes or just take their own bikes as well? I have been looking for such "experiences" nearby with little success.[/QUOTE]

Offroad riding in NJ is dead unless you have a plated dual sport. I grew up riding down in Southern NJ back in the 80's and the state decided long ago to levy large fines against anyone caught with an unregistered vehicle riding on the land. Most of the land is still accessible and you are allowed into the state forests if your bike is legal, technically not supposed to wander off the main trails/roads but hey it happens :)

We rode 130 miles today and barely touched any streets, started out at exit 81 on the Parkway and ended up about 30 miles south of Chatsworth down on 206 - epic day.

Reactions: beck
1 - 8 of 8 Posts