Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

I want to share my projet of custom windscreen for the FZ09. I model it on Inventor and print it on a Prusa I3 printer. This is the first iteration, and I would be happy to see what kind a design you would see. The main restriction is the printer dimension of 20 cm by 20 cm by 20 cm. But I can easily glue part together so it's not a big problem.

IMG_20140704_161042.jpg IMG_20140704_161051.jpg IMG_20140704_161102.jpg IMG_20140704_161857.jpg

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
It looks like a plate for a racing number.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
do you make models/prototypes for a living, or just a hobbyist?

its amazing how accessible these consumer models have become...I have often considered picking one up, but the accuracy is not quite there yet for my needs.
I still think its way neat though!

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you could print with some sort of dark translucent plastic, like a smoke tail light transparency, and stick this thing behind the screen that would be pretty wicked. It would also get a humorous conversation with a policemen and hopefully not a ticket. On a side note I have a friend who does a lot of 3D printing and he loves a challenge. The only thing missing is curvature like mentioned above, if it had a ridge in the middle or something along those lines this thing would look amazing.

Or as an idea.... To create a ridge you could print it in halves and add pegs and holes at an angle to hold it together, assuming you didn't already think of this. Pretty cool that you printed your own screen though, and the rest of the stuff looks awesome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm a mechanical engineer, but I just do it for fun. In fact, most of the things I do are purely useless!

I'll try some other design soon for sure... And a number plate isn't a bad idea, something I can clip and unclip easily. I can print in a glow in the dark also, so ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts