Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... with only about a gallon of gas in the tank though... And need to add the steering damper, fairings, seat, so probably under 350 zero gas weight anyway... Over 195 RWHP and over 100 FT LB TQ so she should be fun if she doesn't murder me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Awesome!

Almost 30 years ago I raced a Ducati 930cc, 2 valve, air cooled, TT2 with about 100hp and about 330 lbs with a full aluminum tank. it was a great race bike.

Reactions: Harsay

·
Super Moderator
4,340 Posts
What model is that?
I take it you have experience with Ducati's?
And are you familiar with LT Synder of Desmo Times? Perhaps the #1 author of Ducati service manuals in the USA.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I have both of LT's books.

This bike is originally a 2008 1098R, and was a race bike from day one... I built it up on a salvage 2008 1098S frame as I wanted to sell the clean titled R frame with eccentric head stock, but I still have it... and it has a fresh 2011 spec 1198RS engine, 15:1 compression, titanium rods and valves, lot of the Corsa parts, 40 degrees of valve overlap, Nemesis ECU with wideband, Leo Vince Corsa 70mm Titanium exhaust (header tubes are stainless, rest of the tubes are Ti). RS suspension linkages, Ohlins TTX shock, and Ohlins 1098S forks with the 25mm Ohlins track cartridges, Attack adjustable offset triples, Ti hardware everywhere, aluminum tank... have the longer magnesium RAM swing arm also, but I'm seeing if the stock style swingarm works.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
No, the TC is separate. I bought one, with an extra front wheel sensor, but it's not installed.

It has the Nemesis race harness made before their TC was developed, so I need to re-do a little bit of wiring, just haven't got around to it.

I have the same ECU for the 1198 street bike now, so if I really like the TC I may look for a second one. They are not cheap, $ 1300-1400 used

·
Registered
657 Posts
Sweet ride! i had a 1098s maybe 5-6 years ago (ended up low siding) ... not modded nearly as much as this bike, but they are lots of fun!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Sweet ride! i had a 1098s maybe 5-6 years ago (ended up low siding) ... not modded nearly as much as this bike, but they are lots of fun!
low sided it and then what?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I think I may have seen this somewhere. :)

Reactions: Harsay

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
It IS sexy...:applause:

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm begging you to please for the love of all that's holy, do a YouTube video of this demon in action.
Alright, give me about 2 1/2 weeks and I will have it out at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway

·
Registered
730 Posts
Bent, maybe.... Nothin twisted there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts