Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Me taking a break in Mariposa

My O'l buddy Jim and his BBB... Big Bad Beamer.

Redinger Lake

My Fresno house where I am gonna retire next year. Check out the 3 car man cave!!!

Old Toll House road looking North

SR229 Looking North. It is one twisty mother.

Majestic Oak on SR 229

Wizz stop on SR 229

Fueling the savage beast

Cruising wine country early on day one

Headed over to my Fresno house (250 miles) to do some work on it and hook up with an old friend for a ride. I tried to take as many back roads going over and back, as possible. Discovered some great ones like SR 229. Finally got the Kawi shock dialed in and it performed great. Next I have to find some time to install the AK-20's up front.
I got anywhere from 42mpg up to 50 plus. This bike is sooooo much fun.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea the seat really makes a difference. Takes it from a half day rocket to an all day rocket.

Its done by Seth Laam Seats up in Redding California. He has done a couple of seats for me. Awesome work and comfort.

I still wear padded riding shorts under my leather pants for the all day rides.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
When I see nice pictures like this its always a reminder that... Florida sucks! (Beach and shopping malls... thats $hit!)

As a proud IBA member with a IBA Bun Burner 1500 (1550 miles in 23:35 hrs on my FZ6R) under my belt... 800 miles in 3 days doesn't qualify you but it's a pretty nice ride for sure. Lucky you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Probably. Stuck betwen the beach and Everglades in a spider web of straight roads. LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
I have also done an Iron Butt.....1035 miles in 18 hours and 30 some odd minutes, but it was on an ST1300 and it was two up with my wife Peggy on the back. I simply cannot imagine doing an Iron Butt on the FZ09 with a stock seat, but then again, the stock seat hurts my butt after about 75 to 100 miles, basically one gas stop.

Hawker.......nice pictures and it looks like a very scenic ride for sure. Glad you are enjoying the FZ and you live in a beautiful place for sure.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I like to do at least 450-500 on Sundays if time allows. I would consider an IB on the FZ9, but developing a really good lightning system is almost impossible on the bike and of course the very small gas tank. I have had too many riding friends strike deer in Texas when going on roads at night. Even with great HID's, they just run across so quickly you don't have time to react. I met one dude who did the big IB 12,000 miles in two weeks and he had a infrared monitor just above the dash so he could detect deer several hundred yards ahead. I think he has a YouTube video showing his set-up on the 1200GS. I think he placed in the top 15 for the rally. Impressive!

You can cover many miles during the day in the summer. If you're in Alasaka, well then you can do an IB mainly in day light. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts