Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
240 smiles today... well probably more like 140 smiles. About 100 boring miles on the freeway.

You guys know what a free way is? It's a sometimes necessary evil to get you to where the fun riding is.

Anyway the Bu (Malibu area canyons) were great today. No traffic so pretty much had them all to my self.

The pic with the wall in the background is at the top of the world famous Snake. IMO, the Snake is a bit over rated.

The absolutely finest canyon ride in the area is Latigo Canyon Road. It is 10 strait miles of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear fantastic twisties. It was recently re-paved so it is in great condition.

I am close to the 3000 mile mark on the scooter. This thing runs stronger every time I ride it.

Wish you all could have done it with me today.

IMG_3328.jpg IMG_3329.jpg IMG_3330.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In honor of your ride today, I'll make a couple of passes through Deals Gap this weekend!

dealsgap.com, Deals Gap, NC information. The Dragon, US129, Great Smoky Mountains. The Dragon at Deals Gap.

Sounds like you've got a great place to ride and it sounds like a ton of fun. Fortunately for me, from my driveway to the start of the Gap is .............wait for it................
18 miles of two lane curvy blacktop.
That's fantastic.

I have some pretty cool local twisties that begin about 10 minutes from the house. The are fun but there is nothing like a run to the Bu.

Stay thirsty and ride safe my friend.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Those Malibu roads are pretty local for me (live in TO) and I agree on Latigo and the fresh pavement (although there is one section in the middle still needing some.

It is a great road to pedal up as well.

Hit me up next time you are heading this way Hawker and we can ride.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those Malibu roads are pretty local for me (live in TO) and I agree on Latigo and the fresh pavement (although there is one section in the middle still needing some.

It is a great road to pedal up as well.

Hit me up next time you are heading this way Hawker and we can ride.
You bet. Will do!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Never ridden the ACH. Drove part way up it back in the 70's.

It looks like it would be a fun ride on a bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts