Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I decided to drop the hammer on the '14 FZ-09. Black, but will be painted white.

I'm doing this bike a little different than you guys do. I won't purchase the bike and then add parts, etc. With work and stuff, I really don't have time for that. So I leave it to a friend who will purchase the bike, add everything, then I pick it up, already built, and pay the final invoice.

But before I get into the details of the build, a little background first.

Every bike I've built in the last 10 years have been one off (kinda) builds. I love building sweet bikes. And I want to carry this on with the 09.

Here are a few:

2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000:

Bought brand new. Some custom stuff, some off the shelf.

2007 Yamaha WR450 SuperMoto:

2011 Kawi Concours 14 - Totaled, ****er hit me head on.

2011 Honda CB100R - Stolen.

2009 KTM 505 XCF Built by HMC (sold):

And now I have a 2013 KTM 500 EXC:

At Ohlins Expo:

Carbon fiber wheels:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So after much back and forth, I thought about going with the Ohlins FG434 forks with special built brake caliper holders but decided against it.

So, the parts list as of now are:

Beringer billet brake calipers (100x better than Brembo).
Ohlins fork cartridges. Forks anodized black with DLC coating on fork tubes.
Akrapovic Ti full exhaust.
Bazzaz fuel mapping.
Full T-Rex bike protection like this: T Rex 2014 on Yamaha FZ 09 FZ 09 FZ9 Frame Front Fork Rear Axle Case Sliders | eBay
Rizoma taillight
Seat concepts seat. I have a SC seat on my 500 and love it.
Rear sets
Paint
and a few other small things.

I will send updates as I get them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll wait and see. This bike will see many track days, so I will need the protection.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Congrats, looks like you have a bike for every occasion. Will your FZ-09 have any special purpose or just a daily ride?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats, looks like you have a bike for every occasion. Will your FZ-09 have any special purpose or just a daily ride?
Mostly track days and mountain riding and the occasional ride around town.

New Orleans really is a horrible place to ride a bike. If I do, it's mostly on my Zuma 50 or my supermoto. And I don't even like riding my SM that much in town. Because every time I do, I get pulled over or get a ticket for riding like a retard, But that's the bad thing about owning a supermoto. It's made to break the law with. It a street bike that you can jump stuff with.

Now the FZ, not sure about yet 100%. I'd rather just tool around on the scooter.

I hate riding a bike that I can't actually ride how it wants to be ridden. I borrowed a friends Speedy and I couldn't keep the front wheel on the ground. I'm sure that will happen with the FZ. So to stay out of jail, mountains or the track.

Hell I've been pulled over for riding wheelies on my scooter. They let me go each time because they didn't think it could be done and I've been called retarded by them a few times.

I like a standard bike for the track. They are so much fun.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
There are Mountains in New Orleans? I lived on the West Bank for 4 years and never saw any mountains. Nice bikes you have!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
225, I see rear sets in your to-do list, what about bars? A bit tricky on the 09 with clearing the tank and fake air scoops etc but I'm thinking clubmans.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you really are a piece of work...hehe
even if you are rich i can't help but like you for your attitude
Rich? Haha! I wish. I have a motorcycle addiction. And every spare penny I have goes into them. If I were rich, a RSV4 would be nice.....

There are Mountains in New Orleans? I lived on the West Bank for 4 years and never saw any mountains. Nice bikes you have!
I wish. I go to Deal's Gap monthly when the weather is right. It's a 10 hour drive. And thanks!

225, I see rear sets in your to-do list, what about bars? A bit tricky on the 09 with clearing the tank and fake air scoops etc but I'm thinking clubmans.
No clubman's for me. If I were to do different handlebars, it would be some Renthals.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Two of my brothers live in NOLA, and the two times I have visited, I couldn't help but think that riding a motorcycle in the city would be suicidal. Between the really jacked up streets and the amount of drinking that goes on there it's crazy.

** doh! sorry to add to the zombie thread

1 - 20 of 23 Posts