Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Where is the R9??? ☹

Does anyone here know who Christian Sarron is?

I like the new blue MT09, without the grey from last year. The aqua blue wheels on the other one are probably going to be an acquired taste, but they’re doing that color across the line, so maybe they’re trying to play up that Petronas connection…?
Christian Sarron was a French GP rider from the late '70's to around '90. When he retired, he became manager of Yamaha's Superbike team. (I confess, I had to look him up)

A little late sucking up to Petronas...they're gone IIRC. Not sure I like the cyan, will reserve judgement until I see one in person. I admit to liking odd stuff sometimes but this goes back to the weird color schemes of the late '80's which I wasn't a fan of.

I did like the panels on the XSR, they were one more little touch that set the bike apart from the '09. Oh well, times move on...the seat is still a toss-up for me.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
3,311 Posts
Christian Sarron was a French GP rider from the late '70's to around '90. When he retired, he became manager of Yamaha's Superbike team. (I confess, I had to look him up)
Exactly! I remember him, but I’ve been following GP since the early 80’s. I just wonder if more than 5% of potential XSR buyers in the US would even recognize that paint scheme. I really thought that would have been a Euro-only color. I was hoping to see the red and white 60th anniversary look, like the one they gave to the supersports this year…

21 - 26 of 26 Posts