Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
3,308 Posts
Where is the R9??? ☹

XSR900… Interesting that we get the exact same colors as Europe. Does anyone here know who Christian Sarron is? Oh well, maybe next year they’ll change the paint. Cool that it’s still only $500 more than the base MT, except now it has cruise control, so it feels like you’re getting something for the money! Too bad they can’t offer us an SP version with Ohlins, but we’ll see how the stock suspension works. It’s 1100 bucks for a nice Ohlins shock - which just happens to be the difference in price between the XSR and the MT09-SP! 🤨

I like the new blue MT09, without the grey from last year. The aqua blue wheels on the other one are probably going to be an acquired taste, but they’re doing that color across the line, so maybe they’re trying to play up that Petronas connection…?

MT10-SP… Pretty cool, and it’s one of those bikes where it’s all about the performance, and who cares what it looks like. However, the price puts it up there with the Ducati Streetfighters, which is kinda lofty. You could almost buy two MT09’s for the price of that 10-SP… 😯

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha MT09
8 Posts
Got the promo email this morning. Took one look at the Cyan Storm scheme for the 09 and....... I don't know. Somebody will probably fall in love with it, but to me, Teal/Cyan is not a color that should be used in such excessive volume. Storm Fluo and the red/orange wheels to me is still 🤑 worthy

·
Registered
659 Posts
Any pix, so we non-US-ers know what we're looking at???

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha MT09
8 Posts
Any pix, so we non-US-ers know what we're looking at???
Snipped straight from Yamaha's website my friend. Definitely seems like the grey is darker compared to Storm Fluo last year. Graphics on the scoop covers changed this year as well. If I had epic photoshop skills, I would draft the Storm Fluo red onto the Cyan Storm wheels, just to see how they would look with the darker grey
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
659 Posts
Thank you, rule! Sometimes too much is enough, and IMHO that Teal colour just doesn't belong on a motorbike! But I dare say that YMMV - it often does!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Snipped straight from Yamaha's website my friend. Definitely seems like the grey is darker compared to Storm Fluo last year. Graphics on the scoop covers changed this year as well.
They look the same shade of grey to me between 21 and 22, but the scoop on the 22 def looks darker. The 21 has a mat black front fender but the 22 now has the same grey as the tank. Can be hard to tell depending on lighting though.
But it looks like they forgot to put the red accent on the front wheel LOL

·
Registered
659 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Moto26

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha MT-09 SP
113 Posts
I'm not sure how I feel about that '22 SP color-wise. Is the tank silver like the swingarm?

The fuel tank color almost looks white instead of silver. Is it just me? If they had made the tank brushed aluminum like the swingarm it would be perfect.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle

·
Registered
659 Posts
The tank on my 2020 SP is very light silver that looks very close to white - even more so like just-cut and polished raw aluminium. Oi loike it!

Fuel tank Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I'm not sure how I feel about that '22 SP color-wise. Is the tank silver like the swingarm?

The fuel tank color almost looks white instead of silver. Is it just me? If they had made the tank brushed aluminum like the swingarm it would be perfect.
View attachment 168239
Doesn’t your ‘21 tank have some silver on it? I’m guessing this is the same silver, just more of it. These studio images never do justice to the real thing…

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha MT-09 SP
113 Posts
Doesn’t your ‘21 tank have some silver on it? I’m guessing this is the same silver, just more of it. These studio images never do justice to the real thing…
Yeah the '21 has just silver on it. It's not brushed silver. If it was brushed it would look soo good.
Just having it silver is cool I guess. But, my gosh brushed to match the swingarm would tie it together so much nicer

Land vehicle Helmet Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
659 Posts
Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Fuel tank

The brushed and heavily clear-lacquered aluminium tank on my late BMW R9T was a work of art.

Reactions: marke14 and Moto26

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
That brings up another thing I’ve noticed. The XSR appears to have a regular steel gas tank now. No more aluminum panels covering the actual tank. Probably helps keep the cost down, but it was a nice little feature on the original, and it made wrapping/painting a lot easier. If you so desired, you actually could give it the brushed metal look…

·
Registered
3,308 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts