Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2021 MT09 SP
56 Posts
I ordered the Gilles FJ 9 2DGT's in November from Bellisimoto in Vegas. Should lower the bar 26mm and be near spot on for me. Just patiently waiting for the risers to depart Luxembourg.
View attachment 168833

vielen Dank für die Anfrage.

Aktuell gibt es nur die offiziellen Yamaha Produkte von uns. Wir selbst werden erst im kommenden Jahr hier Teile anbieten können.

Einen 2DGT gibt es noch nicht passend für die 2021.

Grüße aus Luxemburg / best regards from Luxembourg

André Michels
Sales |Project SGT

I was told that the risers for the 21 model can only be bought from the official yamaha accessories, but they will offer in 2022 an option.
Looking forward to seeing the result either way!

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha MT-09 SP
131 Posts
vielen Dank für die Anfrage.

Aktuell gibt es nur die offiziellen Yamaha Produkte von uns. Wir selbst werden erst im kommenden Jahr hier Teile anbieten können.

Einen 2DGT gibt es noch nicht passend für die 2021.

Grüße aus Luxemburg / best regards from Luxembourg

André Michels
Sales |Project SGT

I was told that the risers for the 21 model can only be bought from the official yamaha accessories, but they will offer in 2022 an option.
Looking forward to seeing the result either way!
I was looking at the Rizoma 60mm Risers. Someone said stock was 115mm and 60mm would be a decent change. Moving the bar 10mm forward with a 55mm drop just makes me worry about clearance.

·
Registered
2021 MT09 SP
56 Posts
I was looking at the Rizoma 60mm Risers. Someone said stock was 115mm and 60mm would be a decent change. Moving the bar 10mm forward with a 55mm drop just makes me worry about clearance.
Here are the measurements you want. Personally I would go with the 2DGT as they offer more adjustment forward. you will not be able to go lower then what soulkitchen#9 achieved with the rizoma flat bars without moving the handlebars forward.

I found the range of adjustment of the 2DGT's with respect to a 2020 MT09. Stock riser of a 2021 has a height of 115mm so maximum lowering is 21mm compared to stock. Can adjust fwd a total of 26mm if I assume the original starting position is the same as 2020 MT09. I am not concerned with moving the handlebar closer to the rider so I have not included that adjustment, but one can just flip the risers around.
View attachment 167595

The lower version of rizoma is 42mm and thus offers a 73mm drop compared to stock. The stock risers have offset of 5mm to centerline of the riser and so do the rizomas, so the adjustment forward would be the same at 10mm.

View attachment 167596

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yamaha UK has better MT accessories than the US but I didn't see any '21 specific risers yet.
"Noch nicht" sounds like Gilles has them in the works.

·
Registered
2021 MT09 SP
56 Posts
Yamaha UK has better MT accessories than the US but I didn't see any '21 specific risers yet.
"Noch nicht" sounds like Gilles has them in the works.
I could buy the gilles risers from yamaha directly but was quoted 225€ which i find too expensive. I was just going to wait for gilles to release the same exact part for cheaper. I am assuming they have some kind of agreement that the gilles part is available through yamaha for some period of time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
$225 is what I paid for the FJ risers.
I sure want to see what height they come up with. After riding an R7 for a bit, I may take your route and wait for an R9.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts