Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2021 MT09 SP
26 Posts
I think nearly anything is possible. I like the 2DGT's, with the right rise and sweep it is possible. The Rizoma's look good too.

View attachment 167570
that is just ridiculous! Now the display needs to be lowered hahaha.

Anyway i think i will go with the 2DGT’s as it had quite a lot of adjustment and then find a bar that i like.

·
Registered
2021 MT09 SP
26 Posts
I found the range of adjustment of the 2DGT's with respect to a 2020 MT09. Stock riser of a 2021 has a height of 115mm so maximum lowering is 21mm compared to stock. Can adjust fwd a total of 26mm if I assume the original starting position is the same as 2020 MT09. I am not concerned with moving the handlebar closer to the rider so I have not included that adjustment, but one can just flip the risers around.
Rectangle Slope Line Font Parallel

The lower version of rizoma is 42mm and thus offers a 73mm drop compared to stock. The stock risers have offset of 5mm to centerline of the riser and so do the rizomas, so the adjustment forward would be the same at 10mm.

Font Rectangle Parallel Technical drawing Pattern

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice schematics!
I read that the '21 headtube was lowered 30mm.
The fwd adjustment on the Gilles will allow more bar choices. Will be interesting to see what combo you pick. (y)

Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Fuel tank

·
Registered
2021 MT09 SP
26 Posts
So I swapped the handlebar risers around to get that extra 10mm of reach. Was super easy to do, just sped some extra time trying to get the handlebar perfectly aligned with the wheel, maybe there is some trick that I dont know about. Anyway, I did not imagine I would notice a big change, but I must say it is quite noticeable esp at full lock.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
3,089 Posts
…just sped some extra time trying to get the handlebar perfectly aligned with the wheel, maybe there is some trick that I dont know about.
How do you mean? The bar should self-align on the risers, right?

·
Registered
2021 MT09 SP
26 Posts
I did not notice a feature that locks the risers in place?? maybe I will check again. I would have expected that.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts