Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
'21 Yamaha MT-09
163 Posts
Those look really cool, but they go pretty heavy on the branding.~$110 for the sliders (single point) or ~$327 for the engine guards (dual point), not including shipping.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah, I don't like when a mod doesn't look stock. Many times I go over the letters with a sharpie when it's black, but can't do that with orange. Ha ha. If the 'Wings' slip-on logo can be removed (peeled off), I'd probably go with that, since the Yoshi has it riveted in place. If riveted too, might go with the Yoshi, which has a mounting bracker, rather than an ugly band.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just installed the Womet-Tech kit from TST Industries for the previous gen on my 2021. Everything fit fine. The circular piece for the fork slider on the right side was not big enough but tightened to spec it's real sturdy. PM me for installation guide link.

·
Registered
34 Posts
38€ + ship = 46€ in Spain. I usted these ones on my old MT 07 and worked perfectly when I crashed. What do you think?
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Bicycle part Automotive design

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm afraid that these all are dangerous to brake the frame or the engine base.
These OEM Yamaha japan are the best.Why doesn't Yamaha offers them globally?

·
Registered
Yamaha MT 09 SP 2021
104 Posts
I can take some pics but really,it's the same with those posted.
All of these costed me about 220 euros.
And from the look ,it seems that the fuel tank-radiator and engine won't be damaged in a fall.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm afraid that these all are dangerous to brake the frame or the engine base.
These OEM Yamaha japan are the best.Why doesn't Yamaha offers them globally?
There IS not a single difference between these ones and the Evotech/Barracuda/Puig Crash protectors.

As I said, I crashed with my MT07 two years ago and they worked perfectly, 0 damages to the engine ir frame. The only difference IS that these ones are built by a family company and not by a Big brand like the other ones, which are overprized.

And let's not Talk about Yamaha's price for their genuine accesories

And yes, those japanese items are the best I've seen so far

·
Registered
234 Posts
These OEM Yamaha japan are the best.
I agree; the best I've seen so far. I'll definitely get 2-point frame protectors. Will look at the Evotech/Puig/etc mentioned above, since $300+ shipped is pretty steep, but I'd get those if needed. Thank you for posting them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
38€ + ship = 46€ in Spain. I used these ones on my old MT 07 and worked perfectly when I crashed. What do you think?
This note from OES Accessories seems to answer a lot of questions about the 2021 MT-09:

2021 2022 MT-09 Frame Sliders Set (oesaccessories.com)
"Please beware of sellers who are listing frame sliders designed for previous models of the MT09 for fitment on the 2021 and up models. The new bikes have a redesigned motor mount area that require the base of the right slider to compress a cup and cone spacer."

·
Registered
2021 MT-09 Storm Fluo
72 Posts
I have the evotech performance ones. I am afraid that the indicator will break.

View attachment 167488 View attachment 167489
once you've knocked it out of place a few times just by barely brushing the indicator as you walk by, you shouldn't have any worry about a tip over hurting them. They're soft mounted for a reason. perhaps just a little too soft this time around.

·
Registered
2021 MT09 SP
26 Posts
How about those?
I got the a month ago along with the engine cover they offer

I prefer this style with a combination of engine cases which seem to collapse before transferring the load into the engine mounts. I had a bad experience with my CBR600RR and a typical style frame slider bolted to the engine mount, when I crashed it actually cracked the engine block and had to weld it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I prefer this style with a combination of engine cases which seem to collapse before transferring the load into the engine mounts. I had a bad experience with my CBR600RR and a typical style frame slider bolted to the engine mount, when I crashed it actually cracked the engine block and had to weld it.
its 168€, right?

I am wondering if we just need to tight the nuts to the frame slot or we need to apply any specific dynamometric an specific amount of "power"

srry for my english

·
Registered
Yamaha MT 09 SP 2021
104 Posts
My frame sliders had specific torque for all the bolts.Considering that those bolt to the engine mounts and engine, I find it important to torque them correctly.

·
Registered
2021 MT09 SP
26 Posts
its 168€, right?

I am wondering if we just need to tight the nuts to the frame slot or we need to apply any specific dynamometric an specific amount of "power"

srry for my english
Yes normally if the company of the frame slider is reputable they provide tightening torque specs or in the absence of such instruction you would tighten it to the amount specified in the manual for those bolts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I can take some pics but really,it's the same with those posted.
All of these costed me about 220 euros.
And from the look ,it seems that the fuel tank-radiator and engine won't be damaged in a fall.
I like the look of these but google translate isnt working for me and I dont speak german. how did you get around this as I am very curious as to how to place an order? Thanks!

21 - 40 of 43 Posts