Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally had enough of the terribly designed front blinkers that fall out of socket so easy. There is no fix, I finally junked them and put some TST MECH GTR front signals on. Look fantastic, super bright, they go with the look of the bike totally. Very disappointed with yamaha for this shitty design. Haven't quite decided what I'm going to do with that abortion of a tail section, something soon.

·
Registered
17 Posts
my right side one popped out early on in ownership and just had to make sure that little plastic locker on the inside was seated correctly. hasn't popped out in ~4500 miles. maybe I'm just lucky

·
Registered
97 Posts
my right side one popped out early on in ownership and just had to make sure that little plastic locker on the inside was seated correctly. hasn't popped out in ~4500 miles. maybe I'm just lucky
Exactly my experience. Bike was shipped from Cali and the right blinker had popped.
Like to see pics of the TSTs thou.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yup, truely abismal design, Mr. Yamaha!
Mine tend to fall "into" the body work, (the outer lip of the grommet is too thin), then flop around. This happens everytime you brush past them, or remove a bike cover.
Great signal lights though, so I did a Homer fix with a tie-wrap around the outside of grommet. Haven't flopped since, but I doubt they won't if I brush against them in a more aggressive fashion......
Automotive tire Bicycle part Material property Rim Gas

·
Registered
759 Posts
Yup, truely abismal design, Mr. Yamaha!
Hmmm... looks like the design is the same as previous gen model. I never had mine simply fall off w/ that same style of connection, even after 26k miles. Maybe something is different on this gen???

I'll be on the lookout for this when I get the latest gen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts