Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

2023 XSR 900 Folding levers

5K views 35 replies 7 participants last post by  MT09 2014 Sweden 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Just purchased my first every new bike,
an XSR 900 in blue, haven't been out on it yet, as here in the UK every where is covered in the white stuff.

Just a quick question, I like short levers but I am having trouble find some for this bike
does any one out there know where I can find some ?

Look forward to your replys

Ride safe

#3 ·
Hi All,

Just purchased my first every new bike,
an XSR 900 in blue, haven't been out on it yet, as here in the UK every where is covered in the white stuff.

Just a quick question, I like short levers but I am having trouble find some for this bike
does any one out there know where I can find some ?

Look forward to your replys

Ride safe
Nice, post some pictures! Have a look on eBay and amazon...

#8 ·
I had the same question and spent a good deal of time cross referencing Yamaha brake and clutch lever part numbers and found that the levers on the 2022+ XSR900 are the same levers as on the current MT-10. It was much easier to find the lever listings for the MT-10. I will probably be going with the ASV C5 series Brake Lever # BRC553 and Clutch Lever # CRC540
I hope this helps.

#14 ·
I'm alway leery about stuff from Aliexpress but if they are true to their description then yes those should work. If you order them be sure to swing back and let us know how you like them with regards to fit and finish. They are almost 10x less than the ASV levers I have been looking at.

#15 ·
I tended to avoid AliExpress too, but lately it seems they may have got the message.
If it makes any difference I'm paying with a UK CC for delivery to Thailand, where we also have Lazada and Shopee to source Chinese made goods.
AliExpress has speeded up delivery a lot, they tend to be cheaper and I've had no problems for a year or two.

I'll let you know.

#17 ·
Here is the list of all bikes that have the same lever, For the MT-10 it looks like it is the SP you want.

Brake Lever BEB-W2616-10-00
Yamaha Motorcycle 2022 XSR900 - XSR900NB BEA20 FRONT MASTER CYLINDER
Yamaha Motorcycle 2022 MT10 - MT10SPNS BGG2 FRONT MASTER CYLINDER
Yamaha Motorcycle 2022 XSR900 - XSR900NCL BEA3 FRONT MASTER CYLINDER
Yamaha Motorcycle 2022 YZFR7 WGP 60TH - YZFR7NW BEBD FRONT MASTER CYLINDER
Yamaha Motorcycle 2022 YZFR7 WGP 60TH - YZFR7NCW BEBE FRONT MASTER CYLINDER
Yamaha Motorcycle 2022 XSR900 - XSR900NCB BEA30 FRONT MASTER CYLINDER
Yamaha Motorcycle 2022 XSR900 - XSR900NL BEA2 FRONT MASTER CYLINDER
Yamaha Motorcycle 2022 MT10 - MT10SPNCS BGG3 FRONT MASTER CYLINDER

Clutch Lever BAM-83912-00-00
Yamaha Motorcycle 2021 MT09 SP - MT09SPMB BAM4 HANDLE SWITCH-LEVER
Yamaha Motorcycle 2021 MT09 SP - MT09SPMCB BAM5 HANDLE SWITCH-LEVER
Yamaha Motorcycle 2022 MT10 - MT10SPNCS BGG3 HANDLE SWITCH-LEVER
Yamaha Motorcycle 2022 XSR900 - XSR900NCB BEA30 HANDLE SWITCH-LEVER
Yamaha Motorcycle 2022 XSR900 - XSR900NB BEA20 HANDLE SWITCH-LEVER
Yamaha Motorcycle 2022 MT09 SP - MT09SPNS BAMB HANDLE SWITCH-LEVER
Yamaha Motorcycle 2022 MT09 SP - MT09SPNCS BAMC HANDLE SWITCH-LEVER
Yamaha Motorcycle 2022 XSR900 - XSR900NL BEA2 HANDLE SWITCH-LEVER
Yamaha Motorcycle 2022 MT10 - MT10SPNS BGG2 HANDLE SWITCH-LEVER
Yamaha Motorcycle 2022 XSR900 - XSR900NCL BEA3 HANDLE SWITCH-LEVER

#18 ·
After checking definitely go with the 2022+ version, I did some checking and the 16-21 MT-10 did not have a radial master cylinder, that was new for 2022.

#19 ·
#33 ·
So despite another's experience with a different brand, I took a chance and ordered the Savage ones I linked above via AliExpress @ $37 free postage

Arrived <2 weeks, perfect fit very happy only deviation being that I used the original bushes.

Thanks for info'. Just need some black nail varnish for the M10 logo.

Bicycle Tire Crankset Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Automotive tire
Automotive tire Blue Motor vehicle Bicycle tire Vehicle brake
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

#21 ·
Hi All,

I purchased some Yamaha MT-10, 2022 levers from Ali-express for £35 to give them a try

Yes they fitted - result !

Quality - well what do you expect for the money

There was more play in the levers than you could ever imagine - you would think they were 10 years old and the bike had covered 250, 000 miles !

So off they came and will look for & pay for decent quality items.

I have never used this service before, some people say there stuff is great, my advice is "you get what you pay for"

Hope this helps anyone else out there looking for levers

#22 ·
I have never used this service before, some people say there stuff is great, my advice is "you get what you pay for"
The reason why is because with cheap Chinesium stuff, there's no quality control. I've seen 'okay'/usable brake levers, and levers that had the pivot machined in the wrong place causing the M/C to not release, and they rolled out of the same factory.
I have friends in manufacturing....they've got interesting stories to tell about what the Chinese do LOL

Purely cosmetic stuff, knock yourself out. But safety related stuff, either don't bother, or be super careful when installing them. Ali Express won't care if you get hurt or die.

#29 ·
Hi All,

well as I said before " you get what you pay for"

just purchased a front brake lever F3 from ASV just to try out - my god what a difference - no play in it at all

adjustment galore and the quality is perfect.

They even give you a plunger rod, so no taking it off the original lever, which I couldn't do anyway !

I have ordered a clutch lever to match, very happy with the results

Hope this helps anybody looking for new levers

Ride safe

#30 ·
Hi All again,

so I have purchased a set of ASV F3 Short levers.

The Brake lever fits perfect

The Clutch lever I am having a problem with.

When I installed the Clutch lever everything seem ok, changed gear lovely and clutch bite was around the same place BUT the quick shifter would not work at all, up or down.

I adjusted the clutch cable at the lever end, wound it in & out but it made no difference at all

I measured everything on the clutch adjustment at the engine end so that I could put it back to the same setting if needed

So I adjusted the clutch at the engine end, in & out and it made no difference at all, he quick shifter will not work.

So i put the adjustment back to how it was at the engine end and installed the original brake lever,

hey presto everything works again, but why ?

Surly the adjustments I made at the lever end & the engine end would have compensated for the difference in the lever ?

I look forward to any input on this issue

Ride safe all

#31 · (Edited)
I'd put money on it having something to do with the clutch switch, that's the only thing that would affect the QS. IIRC, the ASV clutch lever comes with 2 or 3 small different pieces that engage the clutch switch, and you're supposed to install the one for Yamahas.
Or maybe I'm brain farting and it's the brake lever that needs the correct little piece installed.

But for sure, it has to do with the clutch switch and how the lever is acting on it. In normal operation, if the clutch is pulled in (clutch circuit closed), QS is disabled. So the ASV in its resting position is closing the clutch circuit, disabling QS. So something is physically different between the ASV and OEM levers where the lever engages the clutch switch plunger. Also it's possible your cruise control is disabled as well, because the clutch and brake levers also need to disable CC when either lever is pulled. The brake light and clutch switches do double duty on CC equipped bikes.

#35 ·
I was more than happy with the original fitment Bridgestones, but they are not easy to find here.
On a recent road trip I over reacted and replaced the rear at 6362 kms..... if I'd been around home doing day trips I might've got another 2k kms, which is a lot on an XSR IME.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Yes there are lots of unpaved roads here and I've done the ADV thing on a Versys, but now I don't go off road (on purpose), or I'd have the wrong bike, so what I plan to fit next time are Metzeler Roadtec 01 SEs....... sports tourers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.