Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
2,365 Posts
Just wanted to throw this out there. My friend Tom and I are ready to go for the 2023 ECR. My riding plans for 2023 are very limited. My riding season will consist of the ECR and hopefully a trip to the dragon with @abe57 and his crew from Indiana. The reason that I'll be limited next year is I'm planning on having weight loss surgery shortly after my last spring outing and will have an extensive recovery that will probably limit my ability to ride the rest of the season.

I've struggled with my weight since I was in grade school and my health is telling me I have to take significant action soon before it's to late to reverse the effects of carrying around the extra weight. So I'm going to bite the bullet and have the surgery.

The reason I brought this up is that I want to make sure that, we plan and set the dates and confirm with Van and Debbie early enough that I can know when I'm shooting to schedule my surgery. I know that it's about time that the planning of this event gets passed on to the next generation, and want to make sure it doesn't fall through the cracks.

This event is the major highlights of my season and I look forward to it every year. I'll be double looking for to it this coming year since I won't be riding much. Let's start chatting about what we need to do to make the coming ECR the best it can be and I'm more than willing to lead the planning charge if necessary.

Thanks,

MUC
I want to be the first to say congratulations. I've roomed, hung out and ridden with you twice now in the last 2 years and I know you to be a great person. I admire that you just came out and told everyone. Most people wouldn't have the balls to do that. As you know, I had weight loss surgery 3 years ago and it was well worth it. It's a tough surgery but after a month you'll be feeling pretty good. If you did it in January or February, I think you'd be fine for April, May and June. Your going to do great.

I would say that I'm in for ECR excepting a world war, the collapse of democracy or some kind of natural disaster. Let me know what your thinking.

· Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
2,365 Posts
Even though ridetofish has been AWOL from ECR for the past few years I still feel that it's his rodeo.
I'm good for any dates that get chosen and I think we should get started on picking something. As we all know planning around the weather doesn't work and the traditional June weekend would work for me.
Marc, I know everyone of us will deal with whatever your schedule requires so let us know what is best for you!
I like the idea of working it with Marc so that he definitely can be there. Let's keep the conversation going and see how it develops.

· Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
2,365 Posts
I negotiated an extra week of vacation when I changed jobs last month so I'll make the date work.

For new people on this site.....ECR = East Coast Rally. I think the history was that our moderator, Ridetofish and a few others organized an informal get together when this site was new. It's in the Appalachian Mountains in Western North Carolina and it's gorgeous twisty mountain roads that sport bikes were made for. The hotel is called Alberts Lodge and they are extremely motorcycle friendly.

This being said, I've met up with a few other people from this site for rides but never made it to ECR until this past June. It's a great experience. everybody is friendly and inclusive. There's no formal agenda, it just unfolds as people start arriving. Smoozing and riding motorcycles. Fast groups and slow groups. Nobody judging or criticizing. You don't have to have a lot of experience or ride like a pro.....just meet new people and have fun. I liked every single person I met for the first time as well as the ones I knew already. I'm taking the time to write this as there's a good time to be had and hang out with like minded riders. If it sounds like something you'd like to try or do, don't hesitate to join in. you will be welcome. My only 2 regrets about this is that I wish I was closer to some of the people I've met so I could hang out more often and that it doesn't last long enough.
Chester out

· Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
2,365 Posts
I reserved June 7 - 12 today. I am sharing with Muc and Tom. Make sure that you make your reservation by phone. If you try and reserve online, those dates will show as unavailable as they cleared that week for ECR 23. I'm stretching it out a little as I have so much travel time and I want to be able to be fresh for riding motorcycles, not exhausted from driving. I have a 1700 mile round trip........it's worth it.

· Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
2,365 Posts
I'm reserved at Albert's Lodge already and tripling up with Muc and Tom. Who else definitely has decided to go? To all new people to this forum, know that you are all very welcome and encouraged to join us. This past June ECR22 was my first and it was way cool being a part of this FZ09 forum tradition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts