Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hot off the press... The preliminary schedule for 2022 has been sent to members for N2 track days. @Darf and I were discussing potentially doing a FZ09.org event centered around one of these dates.

I'm voting for a 2 day stay at NCBIKE, possibly the date highlighted below April/May, but wanted to bounce the idea off you guys. This last season was an absolute blast and I'm looking forward to 2022.

For those of you here in our club that have been wanting to try track days, we're here to answer all questions and help guide you into it!
So if you're on the fence about it, let's make it happen. :)

N2 Track Days 2022 Preliminary Schedule *

Saturday, January 22- Homestead
Sunday, January 23- Homestead
Saturday, March 12- Roebling Road
Sunday, March 13- Roebling Road
Saturday, April 23- Pitt Race
Sunday, April 24- Pitt Race
Saturday, April 30- NCBike
Sunday, May 1- NCBike

Sunday, May 1– NJMP Lightning
Monday, May 2- NJMP Thunderbolt
Saturday, May 14- Pitt Race
Sunday, May 15- Pitt Race
Monday, May 23- Summit Main
Sunday, May 29– NJMP Lightning
Monday, May 30- NJMP Lightning
Monday, June 6- Summit Main
Friday, June 10- CMP **
Saturday, June 18- Pitt Race
Sunday, June 19- Pitt Race
Saturday, June 25- NCBike
Sunday, June 26- NCBike
Saturday, July 2- Road Atlanta
Sunday, July 3- Road Atlanta
Monday, July 4- NJMP Thunderbolt
Friday, July 8- Pitt Race ***
Saturday, July 9- Pitt Race
Sunday, July 10- Pitt Race
Friday, July 15- Roebling Road **
Saturday, July 23- NCBike
Sunday, July 24- NCBike
Monday, July 25- NJMP Lightning
Saturday, August 6- Roebling Road
Sunday, August 7- Roebling Road
Sunday, August 7 – Summit Shenandoah
Monday, August 8- Summit Main
Friday, August 12- Pitt Race **
Saturday, August 27- CMP
Sunday, August 28- CMP
Friday, September 9- Summit Point Main
Saturday, September 10- Pitt Race
Sunday, September 11- Pitt Race
Saturday, September 17- NCBike
Sunday, September 18- NCBike
Monday, September 19- NJMP Lightning
Saturday, September 24- Roebling Road
Sunday, September 25- Roebling Road
Monday, October 3- NJMP Lightning
Saturday, October 8- Pitt Race
Sunday, October 9- Pitt Race
Saturday, October 8- Road Atlanta
Sunday, October 9- Road Atlanta
Friday, October 14- NJMP Thunderbolt
Saturday, October 15- CMP
Sunday, October 16- CMP
Saturday, October 22- NCBike
Sunday, October 23- NCBike
Saturday, October 29- Homestead
Sunday, October 30- Homestead
Saturday, Nov 26- Barber Motorsports Park
Sunday, Nov 27- Barber Motorsports Park

*Some changes may occur. Additional dates will be added as they become available, including special training and race events. Packages may not apply to special training events.
** Race Practice- No novice group
*** Special Event

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
928 Posts
I'm taking a serious look at purchasing the 12 day package, I'll probably pull the trigger next week. Hopefully I have all my ducks in order, that's pretty early in the season, as I'm in full press work mode until April 15.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm taking a serious look at purchasing the 12 day package, I'll probably pull the trigger next week. Hopefully I have all my ducks in order, that's pretty early in the season, as I'm in full press work mode until April 15.
I think my heart is set on April 30 - May 1.
Im itching for another NCBIKE day. The track is smooth, sweeping, and plain fast. Think you can make those days? There is a hotel less than a minute from the track as well. Hot shower, comfy bed, fast friends. What else you need?

·
Registered
Batmobile
881 Posts
Have you guys considered Road Atlanta or Barber?
Road Atlanta is on my list for this year, maybe 4th of July weekend. I want to get out to Barber, isn't that where the museum is? I also want to hit up Roebling, that's actually closer to me than VIR.

·
Super Moderator
4,472 Posts
Yes. The museum is on the campus of Barber Motorsports Park. It has been fifteen years since I have done any track days. But I've been lucky enough to hit most of the tracks in the south from Pooler north to Alton. Barber is good fun and a quality venue. Hell, they even have a fuel island. Road Atlanta is just fast. Sort of VIR Full Course'ish.

·
Registered
Batmobile
881 Posts
I hope we get the Grand Prix course, also wouldn't mind a North day. If you want to do Atlanta at some point you could always crash down here the night before and after to save driving a straight shot. Definitely will get out to Barber in my life to see all that sweet sweet bike history.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh! Also, for those thinking of joining along for their first time, not once but maybe 3 times we had the tracks completely to ourselves! We always arrive the night before to hang out and camp, and on those special nights you can just tell the turnout is going to be low. Couple times they tech’d us in that evening. The next day it was like a private rental. Absolute blast. Looking forward to that again next year. 🤗

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
3,308 Posts
I have a love/hate relationship with Road Atlanta. 😝 I would love to ride Barber, having been there to watch an AMA race years ago…

·
Super Moderator
4,472 Posts
I have a love/hate relationship with Road Atlanta. 😝 I would love to ride Barber, having been there to watch an AMA race years ago…
Yeah. I love T6, but hate T7.
The place was a lot more fun before the bus stop leading into the esses, the butchery of Gravity Cavity and the T12 re-do. Of course all those changes were made to address safety concerns. You know the place has quite a drug smuggling history.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Oh! Also, for those thinking of joining along for their first time, not once but maybe 3 times we had the tracks completely to ourselves! We always arrive the night before to hang out and camp, and on those special nights you can just tell the turnout is going to be low. Couple times they tech’d us in that evening. The next day it was like a private rental. Absolute blast. Looking forward to that again next year. 🤗
I just joined the N2 online, if I can figure out a good way to get my bike up to NC I’ll be there. Do we have to bring our FZ/MT/XSR or can we bring any of our bikes? Maybe I’ll bring both, I’ll be slow either way 😂

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just joined the N2 online, if I can figure out a good way to get my bike up to NC I’ll be there. Do we have to bring our FZ/MT/XSR or can we bring any of our bikes? Maybe I’ll bring both, I’ll be slow either way 😂
Awesome! Bring all of the bikes. Forever and ever. :)

So I typically uhaul my crap in a motorcycle trailer. It's pseudo affordable, but does add up over the year. @Darf
got a smol utility trailer that works really well for what it is. I think less than $1K. Let us know if you have any tech questions, or gear questions. :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Awesome! Bring all of the bikes. Forever and ever. :)

So I typically uhaul my crap in a motorcycle trailer. It's pseudo affordable, but does add up over the year. @Darf
got a smol utility trailer that works really well for what it is. I think less than $1K. Let us know if you have any tech questions, or gear questions. :D
😂 i hope to do track riding now for a very long time! I’ve only done one so I’ve got a lot to learn but that’s the fun of it.

I was thinking about a uhaul type deal as I don’t have a truck or trailer, I’d even do a box truck if needed lol. I’ll look up that trailer though, sounds very affordable and a great start… I saw some nice ones but at the minute there are other things I need to get. I’ll definitely have some questions on bike prep etc as we get into next year, I’ve been trying to steadily get track oriented kit but I keep seeing new things I want 😂

1 - 20 of 20 Posts