Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,012 Posts
🤷‍♂️

They appear to be ready to announce a new (maybe just “refreshed”) line of MT’s. The XSR was a couple, three years behind the MT in the first place, but hasn’t had a re-style in its 6 year history, where the MT is going into its 3rd iteration. So basically, who knows.

You could say the XSR is supposed to be retro-styled to begin with, so what’s the point of updating an “old” look, but you could also say the only thing retro about it is the round headlight and the “traditional” shape of the tank. So I don’t know if they’ll change it at all.

What I’d most like to see - and I’ve brought this up many times - is a sport bike line based on both the 07 and 09 platforms. Not track-oriented supersports, but real world sport bikes, with some reasonable clip-ons and rearsets, and a little bit of full-tuck wind protection. And maybe some better suspension from the factory. It wouldn’t take a whole lot of engineering to add these bikes to the line up, I think.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It should be released pretty soon.
There are new emission regulations (Euro 5) valid beginning of 2021 over here. The Triple will have a bit more replacement ( close to 890ccm) which results in a small gain of torque and hp and about 4 db loss in sound.

Dealers are allowed to sell Euro 4 stock models in 2021 only cause of Corona.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Well, the new 2021 MT09 has been revealed, with an all new frame, upgraded motor, new bodywork, and tons of electronics.

Meanwhile, Yamaha’s website still shows the 2020 XSR. Normally, if they were only doing BNG*, we would have seen the 2021’s posted by now. Same thing for the R6, by the way.

So does this mean there could be an all-new XSR (and R6) coming??? Stay tuned...!

(*Bold New Graphics, for the noobs...)

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Looks like the Tracer and MT are complete ground-up brand new bikes and the XSR got... nothing.
Yup. Not even new graphics. It’s identical to the 2020. So it’s either going away, or they’re doing the big update next year...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts