Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the factory wiring harness changed for 2021, does anyone know of anyone that has made wiring harnesses so I don't have to splice into the factory wires?

·
Registered
Yamaha MT 09 SP 2021
189 Posts
Yeah,I'd too like to know a way to connect the alarm with the turn signals without having to mod the stock wires.
With the waterproof connectors being sealed,there is now way to get a wire in there.

·
Registered
84 Posts
TST makes bullet-to-3 pin Sumitomo jumper harnesses for the Yamaha front turn signals with the running lights built into them. Obviously for wiring in aftermarket signal lights, so not really a male OEM-to-female OEM jumper which would e ideal for splicing items into the circuit, but I'm sure the 3 Pin Sumitomo male side wouldn't be that hard to find. Generally I just source the connectors and terminals and build my own harnesses. I haven't managed to find a turn signal adapter harness for the rear signals yet though.

TST Industries Yamaha 3 Wire Turn Signal Harness

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is what the new 2021 connector looks like for the 09? So Yamaha basically made it the same as the MT10?

TST makes bullet-to-3 pin Sumitomo jumper harnesses for the Yamaha front turn signals with the running lights built into them. Obviously for wiring in aftermarket signal lights, so not really a male OEM-to-female OEM jumper which would e ideal for splicing items into the circuit, but I'm sure the 3 Pin Sumitomo male side wouldn't be that hard to find. Generally I just source the connectors and terminals and build my own harnesses. I haven't managed to find a turn signal adapter harness for the rear signals yet though.

TST Industries Yamaha 3 Wire Turn Signal Harness

·
Registered
84 Posts
This is what the new 2021 connector looks like for the 09? So Yamaha basically made it the same as the MT10?
Just the front's as the new LED turn signals have running lights built into them. The rears are the same style of connector, just in a 2-pin vs a 3. I can confirm those TST harnesses work on the front though as I just installed a pair of Rizoma visions on the front of my SP yesterday and used those to adapt them

·
Registered
Yamaha MT 09 SP 2021
189 Posts
Yeah,the rear are a different plug.I tried to find the code for them because I also make my own harness to fit the alarm but couldn't find something.I even asked a yamaha dealer.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah,the rear are a different plug.I tried to find the code for them because I also make my own harness to fit the alarm but couldn't find something.I even asked a yamaha dealer.
I’ll take a look later today as I’m probably going to be changing out the rest turn signals as well

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That would be fantastic. I'm told the Rizoma harness part #EE116H fits the 2021 09 for the rear but haven't been able to confirm this.

I’ll take a look later today as I’m probably going to be changing out the rest turn signals as well

·
Registered
84 Posts
@Dante, @CAL

Will need two of each of those to build complete jumpers for wiring in say an alarm or something, or two of the first link posted to adapt aftermarket turn signals directly to the OEM plugs without modifying any factory wiring.

Forewarning: I do a lot of automotive wiring in my line of work, and that frequently requires sourcing new connectors/terminals; these, to the best of my ability, will be the correct items.

I'm ordering two of the socket housings myself to adapt rear turn signals

·
Registered
84 Posts
It’ll be the same series of connectors for the front turn signals/running lights as well, just in the 3 pin variety 🤘🏻

·
Registered
52 Posts
That would be fantastic. I'm told the Rizoma harness part #EE116H fits the 2021 09 for the rear but haven't been able to confirm this.
yes , they working rear ( and front on euro model as we do not have running light on front )

Reactions: CAL
1 - 12 of 12 Posts