Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my wheel to a shop to get a tire mounted and balanced. Guess this job was done hastily because there’s now paint missing on my wheel. It’s honestly a bummer and I don’t want to go through the pain of the owner ordering paint and having to drive down to the shop to apply a little bit of paint that I may need in the future anyway. Where can I find the color codes?

Automotive lighting Grille Hood Automotive tire Blue

·
Registered
260 Posts
Not trying to defend the tire guys, but the blurple paint Yamaha uses is incredibly cheap and has very poor adhesion. Every time I wipe the wheels with alcohol to apply wheel weights the rag turns blurple. I tapped the tire pressure gauge chuck against the rim one day and a big flake of paint came off. I even knocked paint off once when putting rim shields in place... hadn't picked up the tire spoon yet!

Sucks that they rashed your rim, but if you've got blurple wheels you'll be getting used to touch-up paint! It's worth it, though. They look awesome.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not trying to defend the tire guys, but the blurple paint Yamaha uses is incredibly cheap and has very poor adhesion. Every time I wipe the wheels with alcohol to apply wheel weights the rag turns blurple. I tapped the tire pressure gauge chuck against the rim one day and a big flake of paint came off. I even knocked paint off once when putting rim shields in place... hadn't picked up the tire spoon yet!

Sucks that they rashed your rim, but if you've got blurple wheels you'll be getting used to touch-up paint! It's worth it, though. They look awesome.
That’s definitely a fair point. I always find the first ding or scratch to be the most painful, then I get over it lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts