Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Installed the OEM Tracer 9 grips today from the EU catalog. So easy. Takes 30 minutes. The SP has the same controls as the Tracer 9 GT, so there was a nice channel in the bottom of the clutch-side control housing. The throttle side came with a bracket and rubber grommet already installed. This gets held on by the bottom-left screw of the control housing. Wires plug directly into the pre-wired connectors behind the headlight. A heated grip icon pops up on the bottom-right of the TFT. You don't have to go into settings. Scroll down to it, select, and change the setting to one of ten available levels.
Nice. So just to clarify, you were able to install the factory Tracer 9 heated grips on a 2021-2022 MT-09 SP without any modification? The mechanism to disengage cruise control with the throttle still works? Thanks.

· Registered
15 Posts
Yup! The controls are identical to the Tracer 9. Only have to glue on the left grip. I used 3M Weatherstrip adhesive. The OEM one came off so easily. I just shoved a screwdriver under it and rotated it around the bars. Was able to salvage it to stick in my OEM parts bin to never be seen again. Tried them yesterday in 55 degree weather and my hands were hot at level 7 with Summer gloves on. I have them installed with Rhinomoto bar end mirror adaptors and CRG Hindsight LS mirrors.
Where did you order them from? Having trouble finding them with shipping to the US.

· Registered
15 Posts
Just confirming that the B5U829A00100 (tracer 9 model) works perfectly on my 2022 MT-09SP.

I am in the US...I tried to order through Flitwick, but they were not able to ship direct. I ordered though www.motorcyclespareparts.eu on Oct 7th...arrived on Oct 11. They were expensive, but are a direct replacement.

Just wanted to thank you all for posting these details; I'll be riding till the snow and salt start flying :)
Also just installed these on my SP. I tried ordering them back in the spring from this website without success. They were able to get them this time. Install was pretty easy. They get very hot. Very pleased.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts