Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Thank you that is awesome ... I'll try them on like this because most of the time tap the brake to disengage the cruise so it might not be a problem, but if I decide I've got a Dremel that I can use.
It's an expensive kit compared to aftermarket Oxford grips for example but living with a square controller is a not an option for me ,I love how it integrates and install took me 40 min ,plus Yamaha have put a nice touch on the right grip with a small bracket that attaches the wire to the bolt ... Attached is a Oxford heat controller.
Aleks View attachment 168068
New member here! Great information regarding the Yamaha heated grips! I just passed the break in on my 2021 MT 09 SP in the US. I think that it was mentioned in a previous post the the Yamaha grips are not available from Yamaha in North America. Strange, because my USA owner's manual has instructions on how to use the heated grip function... Does anyone in Europe or anywhere else know what the 2021 MT 09 SP specific part number for the grips is, that would not require trimming the plastic?
Aleks, what hand guards do you have, they look like a great fit and perfect compliment to heated grips!

· Registered
7 Posts
Did you just order these from the European Yamaha site? It looks to me like the won't ship outside of Europe.
Thanks Motorcycle Connoiseur! I have not ordered them yet. Unfortunately need to wait until after holidays... Ebay has the grips from a German vendor that will ship to USA. Expensive, especially with shipping, but I am willing to pay for clean look and plug and play connection. The ebay link is below, if you are interested in ordering. I have Oxfords on my Kawasaki and they do work great, but the Kawi has much more room for stuff without cluttering up the controls. Does anyone know the alternator output specs for the 2021 MT 09?. I am considering some other electrical accessories, but not sure how much power is available for more accessories without battery drain.
Thanks!

· Registered
7 Posts
Nice! Glad you got the grips for the winter. Great video! Thanks for posting and sharing the how to info. I breathed a sigh of relief, once everything was connected and heated grips icon lit up in screen! How do they work? Warm enough for where you live?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts