Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured the ‘21 headlight area would look better with a windscreen fitted. So far, I’ve seen a couple of the Yamaha branded screens, and I’m not too sure about them. So maybe this thread could be a good central source for people who are still looking, and those who have found one they like.

Here’s Yamaha’s fly screen. Hmmm... 🤔

🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
49 Posts
I figured the ‘21 headlight area would look better with a windscreen fitted. So far, I’ve seen a couple of the Yamaha branded screens, and I’m not too sure about them. So maybe this thread could be a good central source for people who are still looking, and those who have found one they like.

View attachment 164858

View attachment 164860

🤷🏻‍♂️
I don't know which of those pictures is more scaryo_O😉

·
Registered
442 Posts

View attachment 164858

🤷🏻‍♂️
I had the more-or-less equivalent to this on my 2020 SP. Certainly tidied-up the front a bit, but functionally about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike. I quickly swapped it for a GIVI with a bit more height - much better, and even more so with a top-of-screen mounted 'deflector'.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I don’t know what it is, but the 2021 is starting to grow on me. I am really digging the polished looking swing arm. I’d like to see the bike in other color schemes though.
The windscreen doesn’t really bother me. I like the sharp V angles. Cyclops though... :LOL:

Reactions: semize

·
Registered
151 Posts
A cheap knockoff version of the Puig Naked New Generation windscreen didn't do much for my 2018 MT09. Slight reduction in chest pressure, slight increase in turbulence.

The MRA Racing Screen, on the other hand, does a good job of reducing air pressure on the chest while leaving smooth, clean air on the helmet. It's a bit pricey, but was obviously designed in a wind tunnel. I'd grab one if you can find one for your 2021.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm pretty much in wait-and-see-mode for a couple months before dropping any money on accessories. This stuff ain't cheap! I'd prefer someone else do the initial review so I don't blow $200-$400+ on a wind screen that only serves to turn me into a bobblehead. And a lot of stuff is going to take several months or more to come to market, especially when you consider all the manufacturing and raw resource delays of late.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Taking a new 890 SP for a test ride at the weekend.

Yamaha offer a 'Weekender' pack, which includes a screen and soft, expandable luggage - looks OK, so will probably order too if I like the bike :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
I am waiting to see what it looks like with an MRA Racing Windscreen. From there I will make judgements

Reactions: Moto26

·
Registered
442 Posts
Taking a new 890 SP for a test ride at the weekend.

Yamaha offer a 'Weekender' pack, which includes a screen and soft, expandable luggage - looks OK, so will probably order too if I like the bike :)

View attachment 164895
That's very interesting - how much, please? And will it fit the SP?

·
Registered
5 Posts
In the UK it's just under £700. As I understand it, it includes soft expandable luggage, luggage system fitment bars, screen and the 'comfort' seat.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
If the comfort seat for the new bike is anything like the old bike, I think it'll be a hit.
I've been riding around on mine now for several weeks and could easily gobble up the miles while on it.

I wonder if their soft luggage system will be any new revision to the old set, or do they just make new brackets for the old.

Will be interesting to see.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So maybe this thread could be a good central source for people who are still looking, and those who have found one they like.
Or not. Suit yourselves.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I dig this one! 😎

·
Registered
2020 MT-09
968 Posts
I dig this one! 😎

View attachment 165210
Nice stuff. I have their screen on my 2020.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts