Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am adding a GPS tracker, Camera and extra lights for paniers (Long trips). All of them with quick disconnect and fuses.
All of them have a negative terminal. Can I just connect the negative terminals of all the accessories to the battery's negative? Or if it is a negative for a light from panier, I should only connect it to the negative of the light?

Here is my wiring plan: The # on brake light is for running brake light and # on the GPS is the ACC (12volt ignition)
Property Rectangle Product Building House

Second Question I have is they are these empty slots. Instead of buying a fuse box, can I just add fuses here and run wires from the other side? Anyone have any info on how to remove the Fuse box.. I was able to unclip the top one, but couldn't figure out the bottom clip to remove it.

Product Automotive lighting Audio equipment Gadget Motor vehicle

Appreciate your help everyone...

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
The frame is earthed, you can earth your accessories to that rather than run a bunch of cables to the battery. Or, you can run an earth wire from the battery to a central point and connect to that.
Can't help with fuse box removal, but it's usually just clipped in. Using the slots is a good idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts