Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
The problem is, I did try this, but because the levers start with “B7N” it’s an entirely new part number. The only bike they share that number with is the new Tracer 900. Maybe because it’s a new colour, I’m not really sure.

Aside from the video/info posted above, Rizoma changed the fitment list for their late model R1/R6 levers to include the 21+ MT-09, which is how I personally came to the conclusion that they should fit
These fit my 21 MT09. Put them on Monday. MZS Short Levers Brake Clutch Adjustment CNC Black Compatible with YZF R1 R1M R1S 2015 to 2019| YZF R6 2017 to 2019 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PVD45SDl

·
Registered
44 Posts
yes , those levers will fit

·
Registered
78 Posts
Good thing you didn’t bet your house, otherwise I’d be asking when I can move in. ha ha
You haven't even seen an SP man, so at least wait until you do, before ass-u-ming you're right :). My bike had 2 switches side by side, about the same thickness overall that the single one you posted. The R1/6 levers were missing that 2nd switch by a little bit. We'll see when an ACTUAL SP owner posts some pictures :).

·
Registered
63 Posts
You haven't even seen an SP man, so at least wait until you do, before ass-u-ming you're right :). My bike had 2 switches side by side, about the same thickness overall that the single one you posted. The R1/6 levers were missing that 2nd switch by a little bit. We'll see when an ACTUAL SP owner posts some pictures :).

Nice attitude man…

Haven’t seen an SP eh?

How about the one sitting right in front of me that I own?

Glad to see the keyboard warriors on the forums haven’t changed…

·
Registered
44 Posts
2021 09 (sp or not) got the same mt10 switches , levers from R1 >2015 or R6>2017 gonna do the job (for few type of levers on the clutch side you can use even the old 09 version or simply the MT10 one )

Reactions: tbridgerfc3s

·
Registered
63 Posts
2021 09 (sp or not) got the same mt10 switches , levers from R1 >2015 or R6>2017 gonna do the job (for few type of levers on the clutch side you can use even the old 09 version or simply the MT10 one )
Looks like this confirms my suspicions about using the previous gen clutch lever on the ‘21 Base/SP’s as well.

Patiently waiting my JPR R1/R6’s to show up and then I’ll post some pics of them installed on my SP 👍🏻

Edit: As posted below, I did mount my previous gen MZS clutch lever, but never actually rode the bike as the brake lever didn’t work. Just before any more “ass-umptions” are made 😉

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well, you first posted this: 'Fairly certain the cruise control uses the same clutch switch that prevents you from starting it in gear without the clutch lever pulled in'. 'Fairly certain' is different than CERTAIN. Until you fit the freaking lever, and confirm it works, you can't be certain. Not getting into a pissing contest with you, so ignored.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well, you first posted this: 'Fairly certain the cruise control uses the same clutch switch that prevents you from starting it in gear without the clutch lever pulled in'. 'Fairly certain' is different than CERTAIN. Until you fit the freaking lever, and confirm it works, you can't be certain. Not getting into a pissing contest with you, so ignored.
😂😂😂

Look man, just because you just got butt-hurt about jumping the gun and being wrong, doesn’t mean what I said was incorrect. Fairly certain is a completely valid statement and the pictures I posted easily prove the situation. But for even more verbal proof, I did fit that blue previous gen MZS lever prior to taking those photos, but removed it because the brake side didn’t fit, and I didn’t want mismatched levers.

Lovely for you to say that I’m “ass-uming” when you “ass-umed” I didn’t have an SP. I’m sorry you haven’t been able to get your hands on one yet, because it truly is an amazing bike, but now we’ve had yet another confirmation that the R1/R6 levers fit the SP so I’m not sure what you’re trying to prove.

Regardless, I’ll gladly be ignored by you if that’s what you want, or we can be civilized and move on…

·
Registered
63 Posts
Childish debates aside, if anyone is curious about the clutch switch on the SP and its interaction with the clutch lever, here are some screenshots from the '21 MT-09 wiring diagram manual. Note the single clutch switch listed at #27. The manual does show that it is a multi-function clutch switch providing a high and a low position on the SP, which is why I was hearing two audible clicks when pulling in the clutch lever. It stands to reason that the cruise control uses the first or closest detent to cancel the cruise, and the second/farthest detent is for the starter interruption.

All in all, a single clutch switch which lines up with the previous gen's clutch lever and as others have stated the late-model R1/R6. Very excited to get an adjustable clutch lever on my SP so I can get it dialed in the way I like it (y)

Happy riding everyone!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Switches on the new 09 sp and Tracer 9 gt are double click and they are so called NC (normally closed , not like the brembos as in italy this definitions is direct the oppositeo_O ) so they work on the opposite way as a normal one (like on tracer 900 gt and MT10/MT10SP ) that´s why
Capture123.JPG

Reactions: tbridgerfc3s

·
Registered
18 Posts
Unfortunately the service manual doesn't list part numbers at all or dimensions for most parts.
The order of service is indicated there. Do you have it? Share pls.
For checking spare parts there is "MT-09 Parts Book 2021" for necessary market. I must have it too 😔

21 - 34 of 34 Posts