Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
230 Posts
View attachment 171733 upgraded with brembo gprx4 and 320 carbon ceramics rotors from sicom, and fren tubo carbon brakelines
Unless you race, not just track days, those components are like putting lipstick on a pig.

Plus, despite what the manufacturer may say, carbon rotors on the street is like wearing fine china boots, slick but fragile.

Also, if your park it on the street, bring along your guard dog and a couple big chains and locks.

Just saying.

Back in the day I helped develop ceramic plasma sprayed aluminum rotors then boron aluminum followed by carbon carbon rotors for commercial jet liners. Now tech is light years ahead today but still the mean streets are no place for carbon anything unless you are independently very wealthy above and beyond safety concerns.

Even in motogp the carbon rotors are inspected and tested after every race sometimes more often, and have a limited service life just like most critical components on a race bike.

But enjoy!

· Registered
230 Posts
My main point is on an FZ / MT it is overkill as the balance of the bike is not up to near that level. And I prefaced my opinion "despite what the manufacturer may say".

I installed R1 front rotors and radial master cylinder and HH+ pads and would have easily modulated and progressive high-G braking with 1 finger if I didn't have arthritis and carpal tunnel issues, so I have to use 2 fingers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts