Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Administrator
3,428 Posts
My main point is on an FZ / MT it is overkill as the balance of the bike is not up to near that level. And I prefaced my opinion "despite what the manufacturer may say".

I installed R1 front rotors and radial master cylinder and HH+ pads and would have easily modulated and progressive high-G braking with 1 finger if I didn't have arthritis and carpal tunnel issues, so I have to use 2 fingers.
Yeah man, as soon as I went to a radial master the bike stops with great confidence now. It's a night and day difference in performance.

· Administrator
3,428 Posts
Whats wrong with overkill?
I had r1 MC and rotors on my mt09s, too, to go with my upgraded suspension. So imagine that feeling turned up to 11 with @fred1962 s lightweight carbon wheels and carbon rotors?

I remeber the change in my 711 when i put forged carrozzeria's and the lightweight carbon centred rotors on. Not just the improvement to the braking, but the handling, too.
Before I got my spare OEM wheels to put TD tires on, I seriously contemplated those CF wheels. The unsprung weight alone would make the bike even more incredible at flicking from side to side.
In fact, maybe next season I'll sell my spares and just do it. They're so nice. :oops:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts