Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 54 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Would you say, that a flash would be worth the money on a totally stock bike or only worth it when installing pipe, filter etc?

We have some pretty strict laws where i live, and the chance to take when doing aftermarket exhaust is not worth it for me. But if the gains on the stock bike makes it run even better i would consider doing just the flash.
The bike in stock form with stock ecu is deffently better then my 18model was, and it pulls lovely. But again, if it makes it even better and it is something you can tell i would consider it :)

· Registered
2 Posts
Even if your bike is completely stock, a good ECU flash can still make the bike feel smoother, run cooler, and in some cases run more efficient/get better distance/gallon.
I know all the basic benefits by flashing as you describe, but i want to know if it will make more power that you feel and not just dyno figures on a stock bike. By flashing it i will void my 5 year warranty on the engine, so for me at has to do something “major” to the engine feel to be worth voiding the warranty.

I traded in my 16’ gsxs1000f for the 21’ mt09sp, and compared to that, the ride by wire combined with the cp3 is a blast and alot, and i mean ALOT, more smooth then the suki. Despite the differents in CC and HP the 09 is a faster bike where i ride - thats why i ended up trading it.
It also feels better then my previous 18’ mt09sp, so the flash on my 21’ would need to do something for me to make it worth it. And the best way was to wait for someone who has done the flash on a stock bike and then ask so i get the real picture and not just numbers :)

1 - 2 of 54 Posts