Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
how'd you tighten the signal stud nut? did you remove the entire radiator cover and tighten them off the bike and then re-attach? Because there's not much space when the covers are in place.
You're right, there isn't much room; that's probably the toughest part of the whole thing, but still manageable. I didn't touch the radiator cover; only had to remove the side covers just to get to the wiring. If you turn the bike so the front wheel points to the opposite the side that you're installing you will have a bit more room to get a tool in there (ex: if you're installing the left signal, turn your bars to the right). I finger tightened it and then was able to squeeze an open end box wrench in there (I can't remember the size). The mounting adapters are plastic so be careful not to overtighten. Blue loctite can be your friend.

·
Registered
2021 MT-09 Storm Fluo
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
You're right, there isn't much room; that's probably the toughest part of the whole thing. If you turn the bike so the front wheel points to the opposite the side that you're installing you will have a bit more room to get a tool in there (ex: if you're installing the left signal, turn your bars to the right).
Oof that sounds like a pain. Although the parts diagram makes it seem as though you may be able to remove the inner cover completely but having not opened that up, I have no clue what that may involve.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Oof that sounds like a pain. Although the parts diagram makes it seem as though you may be able to remove the inner cover completely but having not opened that up, I have no clue what that may involve.
There's no need to remove all of that; it's really not bad at all...just remove the outer side panels (#37 in your picture).

·
Registered
234 Posts
I installed Rizoma sequentials on my 2021 with the TST Running mate
Hey Cal, how about the wiring? And resistors? I don't want to touch the bike's harness; only a cable/harness I can replace, like the one for the license plate light. And are Rizoma those units brighter than stock? That's also a must if I do any of that.

The other alternative would be to just replace the incandescent bulbs with CanBus LED bulbs (with internal resistors), so they'd flash like stock. But only if brighter than stock. Has anybody done that? Thx.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you get the harness adapters you won’t need to cut into any factory wiring; just plug and play. On the ‘21 no resistors are needed since they are LED from the factory. Rizomas are stupid bright; way brighter than stock. I haven’t found anything brighter to be honest.

Hey Cal, how about the wiring? And resistors? I don't want to touch the bike's harness; only a cable/harness I can replace, like the one for the license plate light. And are Rizoma those units brighter than stock? That's also a must if I do any of that.

The other alternative would be to just replace the incandescent bulbs with CanBus LED bulbs (with internal resistors), so they'd flash like stock. But only if brighter than stock. Has anybody done that? Thx.

·
Registered
2021 MT-09 Storm Fluo
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

'21 comes stock with LED signals and most aftermarket signals come with bullet connectors. So once you buy the correct harness (TST sells them) its all plug and play.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Awesome; thank you guys. I was disappointed the turn-signals are just one freaking LED; I thought the whole (immense) thing lighted up. Ha ha. Will research Rizomas vs Yoshis, but I'd like to retain the factory running light function, if possible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello. Sorry for my english but i am french and i own a mt09 2021. I have bought sequential turns signals with integrated relay. I haven't find the OEM relay and after reading this forum it is normal because the flash is controled by the tft screen. It is right?

So, if I changed my turn signal (with integred relay i repeat) do you confirm than the sequential signal works right?

Thanks you and ride safe :)

This models :

·
Registered
2021 MT-09 Storm Fluo
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hello. Sorry for my english but i am french and i own a mt09 2021. I have bought sequential turns signals with integrated relay. I haven't find the OEM relay and after reading this forum it is normal because the flash is controled by the tft screen. It is right?

So, if I changed my turn signal (with integred relay i repeat) do you confirm than the sequential signal works right?

Thanks you and ride safe :)

This models :

correct. the turn signals are controlled electronically. no flasher relay is needed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I will try to mount my new turns signals with integrated relay and i' ll see if it works or not. I hope that all will be ok.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I will try to mount my new turns signals with integrated relay and i' ll see if it works or not. I hope that all will be ok.
Hi Sylvain - how did it go with your Sequential LED installation? I am about to buy some from AliExpress as well and wanted to check if they work properly and if you are happy with them

was installation difficult ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Sylvain - how did it go with your Sequential LED installation? I am about to buy some from AliExpress as well and wanted to check if they work properly and if you are happy with them

was installation difficult ?
Hello :)

I have bought this :

And this :

The first are very good quality and very bright. The sequence is fast but works perfectly! I advise you that Don't buy cheap turn signal but this trademark only. (I tried and i had worries)

I'm surprised but everything works fine even with "double flasher unit" since there is one in the vehicle electronics and one in the flasher itself. The sequence is complète and not dysfonctions.

Other advise. To have a perfect install buy this :

2.12US $ 42% de réduction|Clignotant arrière LED pour moto Yamaha, 2 pièces, alliage d'aluminium, adaptateur d'espacement pour clignotant arrière | AliExpress (For the front) :

Automotive design Motor vehicle Carbon Gas Vehicle

And this :

1.54US $ 47% de réduction|Adaptateurs de clignotants pour Yamaha YZF R6 R1 1998 – 2012 FZ1 FZ6 FZ6R FZ8 XJ6, 4 pièces, indicateurs lumineux avant ou arrière (noir) | AliExpress (For behind the turn signal)

I hope, I could help you.

See u

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello :)

I have bought this :

And this :

The first are very good quality and very bright. The sequence is fast but works perfectly! I advise you that Don't buy cheap turn signal but this trademark only. (I tried and i had worries)

I'm surprised but everything works fine even with "double flasher unit" since there is one in the vehicle electronics and one in the flasher itself. The sequence is complète and not dysfonctions.

Other advise. To have a perfect install buy this :

2.12US $ 42% de réduction|Clignotant arrière LED pour moto Yamaha, 2 pièces, alliage d'aluminium, adaptateur d'espacement pour clignotant arrière | AliExpress (For the front) :

View attachment 168827

And this :

1.54US $ 47% de réduction|Adaptateurs de clignotants pour Yamaha YZF R6 R1 1998 – 2012 FZ1 FZ6 FZ6R FZ8 XJ6, 4 pièces, indicateurs lumineux avant ou arrière (noir) | AliExpress (For behind the turn signal)

I hope, I could help you.

See u
yes very useful - thanks for sending through . I’m just thinking if I should get a fender eliminator and where to put the rear signals, or wait for TST to release their integrated tail light so that I don’t need to worry about the rear signals

·
Registered
5 Posts
yes very useful - thanks for sending through . I’m just thinking if I should get a fender eliminator and where to put the rear signals, or wait for TST to release their integrated tail light so that I don’t need to worry about the rear signals
I am sorry, i not sure to have understand. For install to the rear you need to buy the adaptaters plastic or aluminium on my previous answer :

You need the alumimun (More esthetic) for the front and the plastic for behind the turn signal. To remplace the rugger sytem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am sorry, i not sure to have understand. For install to the rear you need to buy the adaptaters plastic or aluminium on my previous answer :

You need the alumimun (More esthetic) for the front and the plastic for behind the turn signal. To remplace the rugger sytem.
thanks - you were clear in your answer - I was just thinking of other options for when I move the number plate to under the bike

thanks a lot sylvain

21 - 35 of 35 Posts