Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I know @ChesterBurnet was planning a trip down this way for the back of the dragon eventually, maybe we can get a group together for meet around that time?
I’m down for that.
Only getting hotter by the hour here in the south.

·
Registered
Current - MT09, CRF450X, XR400; Former - Fz1, XR250, TW200
11 Posts
I'm a 'hope so' on this event, pending some last minute details mid-next week. I've got a brother-in-law in the area, so I have a bunk if needed. If you create a group for communicating plans - beyond this thread - let me know. I'm one week into the MT09, it feels similar to (but better than) my old Fz1. Loving it!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
@rtg8point
Hey Todd! You thinking about riding out to the mountains with us?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nope, we do everything here, out in the open but, once you're at the rally we might teach you the secret handshake!;)
My first time with the group at Deals Gap, I was honored to be promoted to pivot man during the "secret handshake".

·
Super Moderator
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Sounds like fun but can't make it. I'm going to the DC area to pick up a '98 Triumph Sprint on Friday and have other things going on that weekend. Where is Busick anyway?
NC80 between Burnsville and Marion.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I pulled up that hot springs loop in Rever, if anyone is looking for a gps/tracking/ride building app, I highly suggest it. Playing with the map takes a little time, but I was able to take that google map file and convert it into a GPX file. @shamrock Have you ever taken 197 off of 19E up into Old Mars Hill, it would cut out Prices Creek. Looks like a nice road, the REVER site gives a Butler map overlay of "good, better, and best" roads.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
1,029 Posts
I've been using rever too and pretty happy with the app overall. The only thing that frustrates me is that sometimes it refuses to route over a short section of gravel no matter what you do with it.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I've never had that problem, when I rode with @Niner it had no problem tracking through the dirt road forest we ended up on, do you have the premium?

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
1,029 Posts
I've never had that problem, when I rode with @Niner it had no problem tracking through the dirt road forest we ended up on, do you have the premium?
I've never had a problem with the tracking, only if you try to pre-create the route in rever, and only some dirt roads. Haven't figured out what specifically it doesn't like about certain sections., Still I'd give it 8 out of 10. It's pretty good and the butler overlays are nice.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Sometimes I have to make a bunch of points and drag them into weird places along the roads I want to go on, sometimes it'll just draw straight lines across the map. It's way better than it was when I first started using it. Plus I always sign up around memorial day and I know last year they gave 20% of the subscription fee to a veteran program.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Dutch, How come that trailer is so better organized than your workshop? View attachment 165123
It takes time to amass ("gather together or accumulate a large amount or number of valuable material or things over a period of time."). Give me 'till September or so to get the trailer "organized".

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I'm really going to miss this iteration of the East Coast Ride/Rally. It's been quite sometime since I made it up to ride with y'all. When I cooked up this get together back in the winter of 2014, it was my hope that it would become a can't miss event which folks would look forward to with great anticipation. And while it remains a small gathering, it is one that attendees enjoy with relish and continues to bring in new recruits. And that, for me, is gratfying.

I'll be there in spirit and wishing y'all to have tons of fun while keeping safe.
You certainly must come to the next one. I’d really like to meet you.

I’m considering extending the trip and doing a little camping with my buddy who’s joining me on this trip. Time to put the FZ in full sport touring mode. :)

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
It takes time to amass ("gather together or accumulate a large amount or number of valuable material or things over a period of time."). Give me 'till September or so to get the trailer "organized".
I will admit that everytime I've needed some unobtainium material your shop has always been able to provide what's required!

81 - 100 of 156 Posts