Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 156 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Hey Muc, that's a bitchin SV your buddy has.
(I have always wanted one for a project bike but alas, tis not to be)

Reactions: Muc

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
715 Posts
Hey Muc, that's a bitchin SV your buddy has.
(I have always wanted one for a project bike but alas, tis not to be)

You'll have to ask him what happened to the first SV, lol. They're definitely fun bikes with quite a bit of personality. So in out group we have that SV, a triumph street triple, a V-strom and of course my MT 09.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Hey Dutchman,

Nice XR! Sorry about the color choice though as everyone knows the Ocean Blue is far prettier.

Glad I wont be the only outcast on a beemer. I'll be on the RT with my +1, assuming she doesn't chicken out.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Hey Shamy,

That looks like a very nice route! I tried to drop it into a google map for future use - I think I followed your directions.

For anyone interested, here's the link:

There were too many turns for a single layer so if anyone wants to download it, be sure to get both layers.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Speedy, you missed the left turn off 19E at Prices Creek. That would be "C" on your map. It more or less parallels 19E south down to Forks Of Ivy. It's way better than the highway.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Speedy, you missed the left turn off 19E at Prices Creek. That would be "C" on your map. It more or less parallels 19E south down to Forks Of Ivy. It's way better than the highway.
Thanks Les. Yes, much better now! That's what happens when you "Trust" Google.....

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
715 Posts
I think we did the majority of this loop last year, hard to go wrong with most roads there though.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
It needs to be 6/9 already do I can leave for NC!
Right? I'm sitting around in my office staring at the calendar... then back to the maps... then back to the calendar. :LOL:

Reactions: ridetofish

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
So....VIR South on the 14th? 😂
Ugh... maybe. Lol.
I need to fix my trailer hitch. But I bet it would make it. You know we’re going to be all sunburnt and tired from the weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Trailer hitch? Office? Calendar? Get over it.
I gotta get a colonoscopy on 6/3!

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
715 Posts
Right? I'm sitting around in my office staring at the calendar... then back to the maps... then back to the calendar. :LOL:
Yeah it's been slow the last couple days at work, so I'm looking at maps, planning packing lists, posting to the forums.

·
Registered
710 Posts
One of the guys I met at the track day at VIR used to have a 2015, and once we mentioned the ECR he said he only lived an hour away. He rides a 636 now but the more the merrier!

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
For some reason, coming down off Roan Mountain a few years ago, Nick Stolten and Niner followed me as I passed a US Forest Ranger at around 90 plus. I suppose Nick and Yev thought I knew the guy but that wasn't the case. Would you believe they let us go, no warning or nothing.
Roan Mountain Bust.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Chris, we're gonna miss ya buddy but totally understand.
Do what ya gotta do and I'll see ya down the road at some point!

61 - 80 of 156 Posts