Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
By Unanimous Consent, the date and location is set. You are responsible for making your own lodging arraignments. Being as the traveling public will probably be anxious to ditch thoughts of the pandemic it's best you contact Debbie or Van ASAP for reservations. 828-675-4691

If you are unfamiliar with this event, you can review the extensive comments in this sub forum regarding previous years.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I’m in. I hope to see you all there. I’ll most likely be riding 2up with my other, and therefore much more responsible.

looking forward to meeting you. :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
MF. That’s right when drill is. Enjoy boys and ladies

Reactions: MK3Brent

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Great group and always a great time!

Reservation made (Fri and Sat nights).

Likely bringing my employer 2 up on the RT so I don't get canned for being out yet another work day!

It's a ways off, but already looking forward to seeing everyone again.

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
715 Posts
I think the phone number is actually 828-675-4691. Reservation made. Looking forward to another year. I'm checking in Wednesday evening so I get a full day riding Thursday and staying thru Sunday morning.

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
715 Posts
FYI, I might actually have some company joining me for this trip down. We'll see if that materializes, but I figured I'd mention it.

·
Super Moderator
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
When you call for reservations, do remind Van and Debbie that you are part of Lloyd's group. No discount, but they try and keep us together. And don't forget group lodging in one of the cabins is more cost efficient. So y'all should be getting your posse together if you are looking for extra value.

·
Registered
692 Posts
This is what happened to me last year! I booked last minute on the website and got put on the far end of the place. Anyone looking to rent one of the houses let me know I'm willing to split something!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Lloyd, you wanna snag a cabin? I'll reach out to the other two goofballs to get them to commit

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
I'm gonna make my reservation sometime this week for myself and FJ Rod.
I need to get in touch with SliderR1 to see if he can make it. Since he moved back to Indiana, put up that giant garage, built that damn Gremlin and bought a couple of Corvettes me thinks he ain't ridin much!

·
Super Moderator
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Lloyd, you wanna snag a cabin? I'll reach out to the other two goofballs to get them to commit
I'm not sure how I'm going to play it just yet. Whether it's a cabin, or a shelter in place hotel room. You guys best make your own plans. I did get my Moderna, but my doctor has cautioned me to keep my distance, especially around rowdy bikers who voted for Trump. 😉

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
I just made my arrangements with Debbie and found out that Bowinkle is bringing his camper. Yes, that's the same guy that brought a boat to a motorcycle rally! ( and some symbals along with bongos) I love that guy.

·
Super Moderator
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just got back from North Carolina and it's looking pretty good over there. You all should be making your reservations ASAP. The rest of the travelling public will be soaking up the available acommodations, so don't be late.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I have my time off set for work, I'll be up there sometime Thursday morning or late Wednesday depending on what I decide to do for lodging. My lizard brain is telling me to camp it this year since I bailed on that plan last year, but it's easier to camp out of an SUV than off the back of the bike!

I will be getting my controversial inoculation before this, and may be swayed into one of the cabins if anyone if considering it. Do we have a roll call forum yet?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I need to get in touch with SliderR1 to see if he can make it. Since he moved back to Indiana, put up that giant garage, built that damn Gremlin and bought a couple of Corvettes me thinks he ain't ridin much!
I just made my reservation - not 100% sure I'm gonna make it, but enough to get a room. And you are right about riding, hasn't been happening - which is great justification for going on this trip!

I did take a 4 day road trip to Arkansas on the FJR with some friends last August. Spent two full days riding southern Missouri and northern Arkansas and it was fantastic. Not as good as NC, but pretty dang close. The roads in Indiana just suck after living in East TN... LOL

1 - 20 of 142 Posts