Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want this seat and have no problem waiting for it to come in stock but does anyone know of anywhere I can get a on a waiting list for this? I just want to put my order in, pay, and wait for it to be available. Hard to find this.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
248 Posts
They're readily available in the UK. I bought one next day delivery from Flitwick last week, unfortunately they don't do international delivery.

Looks like Padgetts do though....

That's a good price for us in the UK aswell, £198. Not sure what it will be like with the exchange rate and delivery though.

Padgetts are a reputable company too, you shouldn't have problems with them.

Make sure you check it over properly though, my first seat that arrived was torn on the front left corner. They replaced it for me though within 24hrs. Looked to me like manufacturing defect from Yamaha. You could even ring up Padgetts and ask them to give it a check before shipping to make sure.

Automotive tire Wood Glass Fashion accessory Metal

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're readily available in the UK. I bought one next day delivery from Flitwick last week, unfortunately they don't do international delivery.

Looks like Padgetts do though....

That's a good price for us in the UK as well, £198. Not sure what it will be like with the exchange rate and delivery though.

Padgetts are a reputable company too, you shouldn't have problems with them.

Make sure you check it over properly though, my first seat that arrived was torn on the front left corner. They replaced it for me though within 24hrs. Looked to me like manufacturing defect from Yamaha. You could even ring up Padgetts and ask them to give it a check before shipping to make sure.
Thank you! Very helpful. I will probably go this route.

·
Registered
MT-09
85 Posts
I’ll probably sell mine again! Bought it when ordering the bike but don’t like it when driving. Might be something with me. For me I slide to much forward in what seems a soft spot where the saddle slopes up into the tank. The standard plank doesn’t have that as much but has other negative sides. (It’s a plank) I’ll go for a Bagster or have my plank upgraded by a saddle guy.

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha MT-09
21 Posts
I’ll probably sell mine again! Bought it when ordering the bike but don’t like it when driving. Might be something with me. For me I slide to much forward in what seems a soft spot where the saddle slopes up into the tank. The standard plank doesn’t have that as much but has other negative sides. (It’s a plank) I’ll go for a Bagster or have my plank upgraded by a saddle guy.
It's not just you. Lots of people say it's too steep towards the tank. There's a hack/fix called the grout sponge because of it.

I wouldn't recommend going with a bagster. I got mine and while it looks good and is nice and soft, it too has quite the slope and the fit is actually quite terrible. They're taking it back and said they've got a lot of people complaining about the fit. I can put my fingers between the seat and tank, that's how bad it is.
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Hood Motor vehicle Helmet Sleeve Automotive design

·
Registered
21 Posts
Let me know if you’re going to sell.

·
Registered
MT-09
85 Posts
It's not just you. Lots of people say it's too steep towards the tank. There's a hack/fix called the grout sponge because of it.

I wouldn't recommend going with a bagster. I got mine and while it looks good and is nice and soft, it too has quite the slope and the fit is actually quite terrible. They're taking it back and said they've got a lot of people complaining about the fit. I can put my fingers between the seat and tank, that's how bad it is.
Hm ok, that isn’t a nice fit. Good to know! So a Bagster will not be the one to go to. Thanks !

·
Registered
35 Posts
Does the comfort seat actually make much difference?
It has made a huge difference for me. I've recently started going on much longer rides of six, seven, even eight hours, and feel pretty good at the end of the day. The stock seat had me praying for the ability to teleport home after 3 hours in the saddle.

A couple of things 1) It takes several hours of use to break it in before it feels significantly better. 2) It raises the seating position noticeably and changes the way the bike feels since it puts you in a different riding position, this takes a while to get used to.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This costs quite a bit more than the Comfort, "butt" no regrets on my 223-300 miles rides, and I now only slide forward going downhill. Also, no tank gap.
My new Corbin seat 2021 MT-09
Does this really keep you from sliding forward? I've had 3 Corbin seats in the past (all different bikes) and loved them but on my 2020 MT07 it made me slide forward too much and I preferred the stock seat.

The biggest problem I have on my new 2022 MT09 stock seat is that I slide forward way too much. Do you really feel this Corbin eliminates this 100%? If so I'll go purchase right away. My only hesitancy was that it did the opposite on my MT07 and thought it would be the same.

·
Registered
2021 MT-09
136 Posts
Does this really keep you from sliding forward? I've had 3 Corbin seats in the past (all different bikes) and loved them but on my 2020 MT07 it made me slide forward too much and I preferred the stock seat.

The biggest problem I have on my new 2022 MT09 stock seat is that I slide forward way too much. Do you really feel this Corbin eliminates this 100%? If so I'll go purchase right away. My only hesitancy was that it did the opposite on my MT07 and thought it would be the same.
It's probably not 100% - no bolt-on parts are ever 100% perfect, right? But I'll update my opinion of this seat over the weekend, as I've got a 250-mile group ride on June 18th, and I'll try to focus on this aspect of the seat. I know with the Corbin especially, it's a sizeable investment and we all want to make a worthwhile choice when it comes to our hard-earned money, as opposed to just taking a chance.

If you were local to me, I'd let you bolt this onto your bike and give it a test ride.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's probably not 100% - no bolt-on parts are ever 100% perfect, right? But I'll update my opinion of this seat over the weekend, as I've got a 250-mile group ride on June 18th, and I'll try to focus on this aspect of the seat. I know with the Corbin especially, it's a sizeable investment and we all want to make a worthwhile choice when it comes to our hard-earned money, as opposed to just taking a chance.

If you were local to me, I'd let you bolt this onto your bike and give it a test ride.
Thanks MighTee. I'm in no hurry and I look forward to your review after the 250 miles. I will say though I'm most concerned about city driving. If I'm just cruising down the highway or country road I don't slide forward much. It's that darn engine braking no matter how soft I try to decelerate and I know much is do to the engine braking but the seat itself does not help the matter.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Did my first big ride today on the comfort seat, about 260 miles with 2 cafe stops. Longest time in the saddle was about 2hrs in one go. I think the seat is very good, I had no issues with a sore backside. Sliding forward was no better or worse than the stock seat for me but I never found it an issue to begin with. Very pleased with it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts