·
Registered
519 Posts
Reactions: TwoWheelObsession

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
1,660 Posts
This looks really nice, and if the MO article is any indication, it sounds like it will feel and perform like a "real" motorcycle. I've ridden a few other Zeroes, and they're actually quite enjoyable to ride. This should raise the bar even higher.

Still a little too pricey for me personally, since this would have to be a second (or third) bike, but there are plenty of people out there who will buy these - contrary to popular belief.

I will definitely schedule a test ride, though!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Kinda looks like a cross between a newer MT-09 and an MV Brutale...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Pretty cool bike! Would I take one out for a ride? Absolutely! Would I buy one..absolutely not...I would miss the sound and the feel of an engine beneath me.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
It would be a huge transition for all of us. However, for those of you who saw Tron, how many thought how cool it would be to ride those electronic bikes? There is definitely an appeal.

I visited their website. Like many other manufacturers, they have different models for different applications. What caught my attention were the suspension travel and wheel size variations from one model to the next. Add the choices of battery configuration with related differences in weight and price and you can’t help but notice the refreshing number of choices available.

As long as a person is not investing in a touring bike, but a 50-75 mile day rider or commuter bike, I think it has a lot to offer.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Well dig into those "quoted specs" and you will find they are fiction. The real range at certain speeds, with mix of city/highway and real charging times are much different.
I see it as a general marketing poster. If you want specific data that’s 100% accurate for every model, just visit their website. Full specifications are there.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Cool bike but its about 20K with options. What ticks me off is they have a 2300 dollar up charge for the "Rapid Charger". WTF really? We all want it to charge as fast as possible why the hell would you up charge me (no pun intended, lol) that much especially on a bike that cost that much. Also, the highway mileage kills the battery (range is cut in half). Would it make a great city commuter? Heck yes....BUT....for a lot less coin I could get a used FZ09, Monster, SV 650 and the list goes on. Not yet for me.......

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I see California pushing this forward with tougher environmental initiatives. Right now, the focus is on cars, but bikes will follow eventually. I’m surprised Tesla hasn’t brought one to market.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I did a video on Zero on my channel and it was not positive. I don't trust this company at all. Their marketing is all BS and I'll show you why.

savings-over-time-chart-us_f2c85a49.png

Here is a chart ^^. Here is the link it came from https://www.zeromotorcycles.com/advantages/

They are showing that owning a Zero motorcycle starts out more expensive but is cheaper in the long run. You'll notice the graph is void of ALL numbers. There is also no context as to the bikes they used for this comparison, as they are trying to directly compare themselves to gas motorcycles.

I contacted Zero and asked what bikes they used to make the chart. Remember, this chart is on the "Advantages" page, and is the second biggest selling point they are trying to push. They said they compared a BMW GS 1200 ($24,000) to a Zero S 13kW with no add-ons ($11,000). I then told them the chart shows that the gas motorcycle should start at a lower price that the Zero to start, yet the BMW is TWICE the price. They ignored that email. I have sent 4 follow up emails and they have not responded. I was very polite in my emails. I told them I'm a customer looking at buying my first Zero, so since they are ignoring me I find it completely disrespectful.

It's insane how a company can make false charts to sell their bikes, give me even worse information when I ask, and then stop replying when I point out the info they gave doesn't match the original info they gave me. I have saved all the emails and screenshots so I can make a follow up video.

I look forward to new tech on bikes, but I feel REALLY sketchy about Zero.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
1,660 Posts
Well, gee, Zero has been selling these things for 10 years, and they've continually improved and added models, and most of their owners seem to really like them. If you still think the company is "sketchy" because of some generic chart on their website, maybe electric motorcycles aren't for you. It sounds like you're just looking for problems from the outset.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Well, gee, Zero has been selling these things for 10 years, and they've continually improved and added models, and most of their owners seem to really like them. If you still think the company is "sketchy" because of some generic chart on their website, maybe electric motorcycles aren't for you. It sounds like you're just looking for problems from the outset.
I don't know about you, but I can only give $20,000 to a company I can trust. When they intentionally fake charts to get sales and then stop communicating to a potential shopper because I asked a follow up question, then how much more trust can you have in them?

If they lie to get you on their bike I have no doubt they will lie to you about other statistics on their website. There are already 2 posts above mine questioning the specs of the bikes.

For me, I was interested in their lineup so I started to look at their claims, and as soon as I did that everything started to not add up.

If a company can't even back the claims on their website, then why would you waste another minute with them?

·
Registered
519 Posts
I see it as a general marketing poster. If you want specific data that’s 100% accurate for every model, just visit their website. Full specifications are there.
I did, hence my comment. Just encouraging others to do the same and not take the "marketing poster" as real world numbers.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
As Webby points out, the cost of the BMW is double the Zero, so the chart is a false representation from the get go. I like a lot of things about the Zero, but they are blatantly lying to the public. Why should anyone get a pass for being caught in a lie? And if they can so easily make stuff up in a marketing chart, what else are they making up? Are the miles per charge legitimate or much lower? Will the batteries really go 250,000 miles between replacements? The question isn’t about the product, it’s about the company’s credibility.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Never in a million years. Volts are anathema to real petrolheads. I had slot cars when I was 12, they're the last electric vehicles I'll ever own.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts