Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I’ve recently noticed a new noise coming from my transmission and was wondering if other owners experienced the same.
Bike is a 2020 mt09, bought it with 1600 miles and no clutch rattle (or at least I never noticed it) and it’s now developed at 2300miles on the clock.

the noise only comes when the bike is in neutral and the clutch is out. Once I pull the clutch in it goes away.

Here’s a link to my YouTube video

2020 mt09 clutch rattle

if yours also makes this sound please let me know!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Normal slipper clutch noise. Mine is exactly the same. did you do an oil change by any chance?
No, I haven’t. Only oil change was made at 600 miles for the first service. Not sure what oil was put in as this was carried out by the previous owner. Have you noticed changes in the noise depending on what oil you use?

·
Registered
32 Posts
No, I haven’t. Only oil change was made at 600 miles for the first service. Not sure what oil was put in as this was carried out by the previous owner. Have you noticed changes in the noise depending on what oil you use?
No I haven't. it was more just a curious question. I didn't notice the rattling sound in mine until after it came back from a service, so I just put it down to different oil maybe.
You will probably get the " your clutch basket is broken" line of BS from some punters so beware.
Fit a full system, take the baffle out, problem solved !!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
100% normal. It's almost a rite of passage for every new MT09 owner to ask about this noise, so.... welcome to the club :)

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
It's Yamahas optional dry clutch noise. Close your eyes and think of Ducs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts