Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I have a 2020 MT-09 with 550 miles on it. Yesterday I came home from a ride and noticed steam coming off the exhaust... I looked closely, and there was something dripping on the exhaust collector box (that big box where the headers meet). It didn't look or smell like burning oil, so I am assuming it's the coolant ( I did not hit any puddles on the way home). Today, after the bike cooled down I checked to see if there was any residue on the collector box, and there was this blueish, oily substance. Anyone else is having this issue? Should I be worried? I am about to bring the bike in to the dealership for its first 600 mile service, and I will mention the issue to the dealer, but I was wondering if anyone else came across this issue and what it could potentially be.

Thank you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Probably just spit a little coolant from the overflow tube. No big deal. Just keep an eye to see if it continues.
If you are using dealer for first service, ask them to check coolant level. If not, check it yourself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check the elbow connector pipes on the oil/water Heat exchanger (the thing next to the oil filter). They are renowned for corroding (esp. in the UK) and leaking onto your exhaust. Get if fixed immediately (if possible), as new units are quire expensive to replace. Perhaps paint the repaired unit (or its replacement) with an anti-corrosion paint too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts