Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm going to being staying tuesday somewhere in snowshoe on my way to the ECR, I'll scout out the area and take some photos!

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
457 Posts
Awesome, maybe I'll get a job soon and make and overnight down that way to scout too.

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
457 Posts
I'm head down to WV on an epic day trip this Friday. I'm going to be checking out a few roads that would be in the section of WV that we'd be looking at riding this fall. I'll report back and let you all know what I find!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hey all, I know I have been quiet the past few months.

Unfortunately, over Memorial Day weekend I got a call from my mother that my dad was in a horrific motorcycle accident. I was on my way to NC Bike South of DC when I got the call and turned around. ALOT went through my mind then.

I later learned that he supermanned over the handlebars and hit a birm HELMET first and bounced back into the street unconcious. He was dressed Helmet to toeslider. He came out witha broke wrist and severly bruised left leg(we think the bike landed on his left leg; there are indentations of engine bolt pattern on his leg) and broke toe.

I know we all know this, but let me be the first to tell everyone HELMETS effing work. He was rocking an 8yr old scoprion helmet and hit so hard that the insideforehead area looked like a panini. The Integrated visor had severe indentations and scratches.

Nevertheless, he is in good spirits and unfortunately his 2016 GSXS-1000 wont exaclty buff out. All of this to say, I am going to have to step back from managing this event. I would love to see this continue to happen and even partake but as of right now my parents are priority(Mother has TIA as well). If @Muc or @Darf can take the relm that would be graciously appreciated. If i can make it I will but time will tell.

Reactions: GreatHolio

·
Super Moderator
4,249 Posts
Glad to read that dad is going to be ok. Take care of the folks and keep yourself healthy too.

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
457 Posts
@PinoyRider88 family always comes first! Glad your dad escaped any major injuries. I think we can manage to keep this event going. @Darf @GreatHolio @Jaronv74 @1216bandit are we all still interested?

I'm actually headed down to visit WV for two days sometime in July. Going to ride with @Crossbar1773 and get some of the guided tour.

For our event, I'm still trying to go but if like to find a way to make the accommodations as cheap as possible. I'll take another look to see if I can located some affordable digs.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Unless things change in a big way, thanks to the virus, I will not be making it and this will be the first time in MANY years I have not made an annual pilgrimage to that area for at least a week. As it stands now the canadian/u.s. borders remain closed. Even when they open, returning to Canada I will have to provide a 14 day quarantine plan, which is checked on by the authorities. If found to be in breach of quarantine I am subject to a huge fine..minimum $2,000 from what I understand....so for 14 days I cant see my daughters, grand kids, or even leave my house for groceries! All thanks to that wonderful country that brought us lead painted childrens toys, dog food that was killing our pets, moldy dry wall, tainted baby food...among other things!!!

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
457 Posts
Unless things change in a big way, thanks to the virus, I will not be making it and this will be the first time in MANY years I have not made an annual pilgrimage to that area for at least a week. As it stands now the canadian/u.s. borders remain closed. Even when they open, returning to Canada I will have to provide a 14 day quarantine plan, which is checked on by the authorities. If found to be in breach of quarantine I am subject to a huge fine..minimum $2,000 from what I understand....so for 14 days I cant see my daughters, grand kids, or even leave my house for groceries! All thanks to that wonderful country that brought us lead painted childrens toys, dog food that was killing our pets, moldy dry wall, tainted baby food...among other things!!!

Oh yeah I forgot about the border nonsense. We had plans for a group ride up to Algonquin park to meet to Canadians riders in July, but the US riders had to cancel subscription the border is still closed. I think it's a little ridiculous if you ask me.

·
Registered
279 Posts
@PinoyRider88 family always comes first! Glad your dad escaped any major injuries. I think we can manage to keep this event going. @Darf @GreatHolio @Jaronv74 @1216bandit are we all still interested?

I'm actually headed down to visit WV for two days sometime in July. Going to ride with @Crossbar1773 and get some of the guided tour.

For our event, I'm still trying to go but if like to find a way to make the accommodations as cheap as possible. I'll take another look to see if I can located some affordable digs.
You guys got room for a third? My schedule has lightened up about 2 weeks ago and now I have potential for vacation time about every other week. WVA is about the same distance from me that NC is.

Also yes I'm still in for September!

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
457 Posts
You guys got room for a third? My schedule has lightened up about 2 weeks ago and now I have potential for vacation time about every other week. WVA is about the same distance from me that NC is.

Also yes I'm still in for September!
Yeah, I definitely think there is room for a third... I'm going to be roughing it a tent at a local park, but I'm sure if you wanted to find as hotel you could. I'm looking at staying at beech fork state park in the Southeast part of moxley branch, $31 / night covers two people if you wanted to split a site. I'm planning on trailering it down on a Friday staying Saturday and Sunday night and leaving Monday morning. This is preliminary, there's no shortage of spots available for July weekend yet. Let know your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
If more people come, there are 6 awesome cabins for rent at beech fork just throw that out there.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hey guys, sorry haven't been very active lately. The brain hasn't been exactly cooperating with the rest of me. I'm still planning on being down there. As of right now I wouldn't, be able to take lead on this, but I'm willing to help make it happen in any way.

@PinoyRider88 I'm glad to hear your dad is okay, sounds like he got pretty lucky. I know what that ride home was like for you.

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
457 Posts
I'll do my best to kind of take the lead. You'll will have to deal with some of the decisions I make. Hopefully, everything turns out good.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I know you guys are planning on hitting up that area in July, but I can spend some time researching roads and come up with some routes. I can even export them as .gpx files so everyone can load into their preferred gps. Rever has updated recently with Butler maps, it's supposed to show me the best road based on a bronze/silver/gold rating. I'll keep out the dirt roads and wooden toll bridges though...

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
457 Posts
We're actually going to be riding a different area of the state here in July. September will be more towards the south and Eastern side of the state. I'm looking forward to it. I'm thinking about looking for some cabins to rent that have linens provided. Might be the cheapest and most convenient for those that are going to ride in.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I just want to clarify here. I am ready to go for 11 through 14 of September, but I'm seeing some replies about July? Not sure I can make it in July.

Reactions: Muc

·
Registered
279 Posts
I just want to clarify here. I am ready to go for 11 through 14 of September, but I'm seeing some replies about July? Not sure I can make it in July.
July is a separate excursion, on a whim. I'm also Locked in for September as well

Reactions: Muc and GreatHolio

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I am guessing this late in the game, nothing really came to fruition?

41 - 59 of 59 Posts