Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
457 Posts
No I haven't reached out yet. Im partial to the old Clark inn... Probably best to get a rough head count to see if they have availability.

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Is it bad that I read
“probably best to get rough head” ?

I need more coffee
Not at all----perfectly normal.
Some people around here think "pervert" is a bad thing. I dunno, go figure.

Reactions: Jaronv74

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
At first, I thought rough head...like beer ? like too much foam.

then we were talking about lodging and my mind wandered. Lord I need Jesus

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
457 Posts
Maybe we should get a good count, who started this thread? Pinoyrider88? We should add a list to the first post on who is for sure going to makes this happen. Kinda like the sign up for T-shirts. Count me in for 1 Rider!

·
Registered
169 Posts
+1 GreatHolio

Reactions: Muc

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Muc Sounds good I will start adding

Reactions: ridetofish

·
Registered
279 Posts
Count me in as well. I reached out to a buddy of mine, who goes to snowshoe probably 4-8x per year, mentioned snowshoe lodging, but most are shared cabins. In particular, Camp 4 is a nice townhouse with shared hot tub, Rimfire is also apparently good but not as big or nice, but he emphasized on staying somewhere with a full kitchen (if we stay on resort) because he says the restaurant food blows.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Count me in as well. I reached out to a buddy of mine, who goes to snowshoe probably 4-8x per year, mentioned snowshoe lodging, but most are shared cabins. In particular, Camp 4 is a nice townhouse with shared hot tub, Rimfire is also apparently good but not as big or nice, but he emphasized on staying somewhere with a full kitchen (if we stay on resort) because he says the restaurant food blows.
Got ya Jarnov, youre friend joining in as well? Will look into Camp 4

·
Registered
279 Posts
Got ya Jarnov, youre friend joining in as well? Will look into Camp 4
No, this particular friend is a skier not a rider haha. I will be coming solo unless I can get some of my "rider" friends off their asses and take a trip.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
THanks guys for your input. My work has been increased since the DOD Travel Ban got extended.

The big thing we now need to work on is identify lodging. I know there are a few suggestions here I will also input that I have stayed at the "Inn at Snowshoe Lodge".

I went with my old man and Uncle and it was truly a "great escape" very quiet, almost no on there and restaurants and dining right there in the lodge. You can walk to the pubs and various areas and have the luxury of walking back to the room after food and drink.

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
457 Posts
I think you'll will have to nail down an option and consider me a maybe at this point. I can't commit when I don't know what will happen at my new job if and when I get one. This is so killing me... Because I am always trying to get people together and finally have some interest.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Not many places around snowshoe for lodging other than snowshoe. Outside of Elkins, wv you have another resort called Cannan Valley. So cool roads out that way too.

Cass scenic railroad is near snowshoe, it's a neat train (steam locomotive) that goes to the 2md highest peak in wv (bald knob).

Nice places to visit.

You guys enjoy my home state, alot to offer here, nature wise.

I'm to far from snowshoe to join unfortunately, work and all.

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
457 Posts
I wish, I could help on that aspect, but unfortunately I can't really plan anything right now. Actually I'm might advocate something closer to a campground. That might be my budget for this trip. If the ECR in NC get rained out I'll be able to go on this trip for sure!

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'll make some calls my next days off and get some ideas.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts