Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Vendor
2,254 Posts
Now you've got me questioning how long my tires are going to last haha. I have Diablo Rosso III's that came on it, I'm wondering if they're going to be able to survive my quest... I was looking at the Angel GT2s, I have sport demons on my rat bike and they are great, I'm sure everyone has their own opinions on tires though.
I went Angel GT2 because I have never been let down by my Pirelli Angel STs, Angel GTs, or Angel GT2s in the past...
YMMV but for the kind of riding I do, and this trip in general, you will want something with a harder compound in the middle and softer on the edges of the tires.
If I was trailering down and simply riding the twisties I would lean more towards something along the lines of the S22.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Now you've got me questioning how long my tires are going to last haha. I have Diablo Rosso III's that came on it, I'm wondering if they're going to be able to survive my quest... I was looking at the Angel GT2s, I have sport demons on my rat bike and they are great, I'm sure everyone has their own opinions on tires though.
If you have enough tread life on your Rosso's those will be fine for the twisties ! They are very similar to the stones S22 just priced abit more than the stones ! What you are on now is going to be my next go to tire !

·
Registered
261 Posts
Thanks everyone I know tires are a super touchy subject, I'll do my research and you guys can find out what I chose in May 🤣🤣

Back to our regularly scheduled excitement!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I’m really new to the forum and was wondering if there’s still any room for me to squeeze in? I’ll be solo so I only need one room or I’ll sleep in my truck! I don’t mind! I just want to get out and ride with a bunch of fellow FZ riders. Thanks!
Find anything about getting a room? I am still thinking about joining as well. We could split a room.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Also, do not panic if the lodge is booked and you are still looking at going on the trip. There are plenty of Airbnbs in the area surrounding alberts lodge.

·
Registered
240 Posts
They also have cabins, that sleep more people. So if the hotel is out of rooms, those who are looking can organize one of those too.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Honestly, if it wasn’t for this COVID stuff I’d totally be down. Not sure if I’d trailer down or bike down(coming from Hershey, PA 8ish hrs)

Trailering down offers comfort and added room for “support vehicle” it also offers me a way home in case I bin it. Idk

Having said that, I wonder if anyone would be down for a fall meet up somewhere?

It would be a little further out(hopefully in time for this stuff to settle itself out) and offer plenty of planning time

·
Premium Member
2,340 Posts
I wonder if anyone would be down for a fall meet up somewhere?
It would be a little further out(hopefully in time for this stuff to settle itself out) and offer plenty of planning time
Start a new thread and throw this out there.
Get a feel for some dates, decide on an area and see if you can get a few folks interested.
I have always enjoyed the ECR rallies and it still amazes me more folks don't get together for a planned weekend meet up.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm so down for this... both the ECR and the fall meet up @PinoyRider88 is mentioning. I must say, I might not participate in the ECR since its right around the corner and I might not be ready for a 14 hour ride to NC and well... pandemic... But... Ya'll gonna have to put up with meeting my ugly mug soon.

101 - 112 of 112 Posts