Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'll likely be heading out around that time on Saturday we can exchange numbers and we'll wait for you to arrive to roll out

·
Registered
261 Posts
I’m really new to the forum and was wondering if there’s still any room for me to squeeze in? I’ll be solo so I only need one room or I’ll sleep in my truck! I don’t mind! I just want to get out and ride with a bunch of fellow FZ riders. Thanks!
Hey give them a call there might be room available, theres another thread for room sharing as well. Me personally, I'm camping at the site about 8 miles down the road. Make an intro thread so we can learn about you! Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey give them a call there might be room available, theres another thread for room sharing as well. Me personally, I'm camping at the site about 8 miles down the road. Make an intro thread so we can learn about you! Welcome aboard.
Will do! I think camping out sounds like a good idea. Cheaper too haha. Thank you for the welcome!

·
Registered
240 Posts
If anyone's thinking about tires, Bridgestone is currently running a rebate! That and Rocky Mountain ATV is running some sales. Great time to get some tires for the mountains.

·
Registered
261 Posts
If anyone's thinking about tires, Bridgestone is currently running a rebate! That and Rocky Mountain ATV is running some sales. Great time to get some tires for the mountains. View attachment 158203
Now you've got me questioning how long my tires are going to last haha. I have Diablo Rosso III's that came on it, I'm wondering if they're going to be able to survive my quest... I was looking at the Angel GT2s, I have sport demons on my rat bike and they are great, I'm sure everyone has their own opinions on tires though.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Tires are very subjective, I didn't like the stock Dunlops that came on my bike. The S22s I really liked in comparison but haven't really experienced others.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The real question is S22 or T31...

Both great tires, ask Shamrock for his opinion. He's ridden both, I looked at the T31s I would have went that way if I had a tire changer. I still want to run the S22s in to mountains, but think the T31 would have been great for everything else.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'll wait for him to chime in here, not in a hurry to get them, that deal is pretty sweet though. I probably will have another 2k on the bike at least before the rally, and my trip is about 1600 miles just round trip. Probably would be wise to pop some new rubber on before I go.

·
Premium Member
2,340 Posts
The real question is S22 or T31...
Comments about tires around here get the same responses as chain lube so I won't specify a brand.
I use sport /trackday tires in the mountains and then switch over to sport touring tires for riding around home. It's simply a mileage vs performance thing.
My suggestion to Dave would be the sport touring tires for this expedition. Just cruising on straight roads will flat spot sport tires in no time. In fact they might not last all the miles of the ambitious safari that Dave has planned. Don't worry about performance. Modern sport touring tires are more than adequate and you will be forced to take it a little easy any way simply because that thing has to get you home.

·
Registered
261 Posts
My heart was headed in the sport touring direction, basically everything you said confirmed my feelings and I appreciate your input!

I hope I can keep the flat spots away by taking as few straight roads as possible, this trip is about the journey, I just happen to have an awesome destination. And who knows, maybe I'll have to get another set of tires on my trip home!

·
Registered
240 Posts
My heart was headed in the sport touring direction, basically everything you said confirmed my feelings and I appreciate your input!

I hope I can keep the flat spots away by taking as few straight roads as possible, this trip is about the journey, I just happen to have an awesome destination. And who knows, maybe I'll have to get another set of tires on my trip home!
These trips are all about the adventure... If I had a few more days and a set of saddle bags I'd come down on the bike.

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you go sport touring, you won't have to worry about flat spotting those till well after 3-5k miles. That's probably on the conservative side too.

81 - 100 of 112 Posts